chappel's farewell

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Nov 24, 2006.

?

how should we pwn chappal??

1. NO keep CHAPPEL (i am from bangalore)

23.5%
  2. kick chappel out - power should ask him to quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. kick chappel out - venksarkar should ask him to quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. kick chappel out - farewell to be arranged in Calcutta

23.5%
  5. make ganguly captain, & make chappel take orders from ganguly

47.1%
  6. kick chappel out - make powar/kiran moron the manager

5.9%
  1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well....the Indian captain is always under tremendous pressure to show results. Over a long term, he seems to have handled it quite well. However, since he's not really been performing in the domestic season, I don't see how he's even thinking of a comeback.

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

his domestic average in the last 6 months has been better than the international average of most indian batsmen in the same time.

eg - rahul dravid in the last 14 innings has some 250 runs or so.

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

meanwhile chappel's motto acording to someone is...."so little time, so many experiments".

4. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^lol, its definately time we got rid of chappal, he dont know wht the hells goin on. get ganguly back cos he has fire in his belly and makes people wanna play for him... dravid shud jus giv up captaincy, he is too much of a pusharound, he shud shutup and just be a batsman (no captain) and only play players currently in form not those who have good stats or those who the captain manager etc likes

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That is hardly even a point. I don't doubt that Rahul would have 3 times Sourav's average if he were playing Ranji. Anyway, it's still early times in the season so let's see. It would have really ignited the call for Sourav's comeback if he'd smashed a century in the 2nd innings on a lively Mohali track instead of a useful 43.

6. basit_jaaaani

basit_jaaaani I'm gUnnin' fer uuu

even tho in a India vs Pakistan game i would cheer for pakistan but still saurav ganguly is a gem of a player, now which cricketer didn't have ups and downs in their career? Ganguly can teach both chappel and dravid a thing or two about coaching and captaincy respectively.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Are we actually comparing the Ranji Trophy's level to that of international cricket?

Let me laught once again.
    :RollLol:

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

he was not out. the "lbw" was given by rahul's statemate umpire jaiiprakash. but for such an umpire he could have scored a few more.

meanwhile i doubt if rahul's batting average in both tests and odi's wouldnt come to something like 35 if he had been team india captain for the last 5 years. a little pressure of the last 15 odd matches seemed enough to screw up his average. and he didnt even have to take on a steve waugh yet. remember it happened to sachin as well - sachin too lost form when he had the responsibility of captaining the team.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

"we"?

♣♣♣♣♣

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

when did i do that??

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hmm, where do you get this info about the decision and stuff (not doubting it...just wondering where you found it)

As for calling this another conspiracy, I'd say we could see a conspiracy in everything....perhaps Chappel and Woolmer have been paid by their respective ex-boards to ruin 2 strong Asian teams, eh? let's not dig that deep.

12. harisind

harisind New Member

i think chappal (thanks sanju_strings) shud b removed but bringin ganguly bak is not a very lucrative offer... instead india shud opt 4 a coach who is able 2 polish these guys n bring out their strengths... sum1 who is able 2 make them work as a team n mask each other's weaknesses....

13. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

SA 246/7 in 46 overs, and they were 76/6 in 21 something overs.....even if by some miracle india wins this game....is it really World Cup Prep?

so much for Vengsarkar flying all the way to SA........may be they shud save tht ticket and call the rest of the indian team back to India and hand over some gullis and dandas so they can practice the game they shud be playing.

14. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

where i got it is news and online news papers.

didnt call it a conspiracy or anything. just pointed out how the prospects of a comeback of a proven international player, can be ruined by a stupid ass decision of a low level ranji umpire.

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Fair enough...turns out sourav has been warned for showing dissent.

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

that has nothing to do with his dismissal.

that happened for excessive umpiring in the 4th innings.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Coupled with his dissent on being given out in the 3rd...

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so far i know (saw the dismissal on tv) he showed no dissent.

the reporters pointed out the indecision to him.

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hmm...Calcuttan journalists seem to have decided to add a bit of spice then. Hurray for the Telegraph.

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

boss the highlights of the ranji matches were shown on tv.

you can/could have, judge(d) for yourself if the ball hit him outside the line of the offstump or not.

if you are telling me that stupid decisions dont happen in ranji matches, where as they happen so often in international fixtures, then i have to differ.

no spice whatsoever. he was not out. jaiprakash screwed up.