Chappel Era Ends

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

talkin of cricket:
    i think cricket is a phunny game which...
    except for the players on the field, evrybody understands it (the game) better.. i mean much better.

note: i'm not a 'player on the field' :D.

and i bet, the comentators just wish they can go back 20-30 yrs in life and start playing cricket.
    coz now they kno exactly what is wrong with the batting/bowling/fielding of a particular side to such detail, it wud put to shame even the best (player) in the business.
    they know the perfect batting/bowling/fielding technique, i'm sure they cud now hit 6 sixes in an over, take 10 wickets in 10 balls and fly like a bird to stop a boundary or take a catch.
    the likes of sanjay manjrekar, shivaramakrishnan, ranjit fernando.. etc

biggest motherfuckers.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and notty lad does it again....he finds he has nothing to say to any part of my post, brings in entirely new issues and tries to hit below the belt. Is this your way of saying you cannot counter my argument?

And I should probably let you know that Atul Wassan played for India sometime in the 90s. Oh my! This is hilariously ironic.

Anyway, out of curiosity, where on earth did I even say that I found the Indian team totally committed to cricket?

I suppose this is where I was supposed to display my "credentials" that would validate what I said but then again I could just point at Sarfaraz Nawaz (sp?) or Bishen Singh Bedi.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

because my hiding the team's incapability is going to help save the earth?

I've given a sound argument, reasons backing it up and toed a pretty middle of the road line. You've thrown a blatant statement into the air, not backed it up when asked (twice), taken an unwarranted dig at me (are you part of the selection comittee), not replied to my post, taken another unwarranted dig at me and then put it all down to smart words.

You see, another key quality to being a sportsman(part of the base class, perhaps) is sportsman spirit.

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

its not the spectators at the ground who generate money.

its the tv audience who do.

whether or not people turn up at the stadium there are people in australia, nz, south africa, england, india, pakistan, srilanka, bangladesh etc who are watching the game on tv. thats where the money is.

and then there is money for advertisements - all the billboards along the boundary line etc.

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I have very well backed up my argument. I said the Indian team sucks and will continue to suck because No matter how bad a senior player performs, He's still gonna be in the team. Sachin, Sehwag etc are just gonna occupy places for a long time to come. Even if sachin scores 100 runs in 10 innings he'll be given chances. That's my only point.

This prevents new talent from being nurtured.

Fielding is poor and no visible signs of it improving.

If you've not got my point till now.. Chances are you'll never get it.

PS: Also look back at the South Africa example if it helps.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I dont think you can hide a team's incapability with smart use of words. If someone attempts to do it and you think he's succeeding, chances are, you are a first class dolt. Secondly, an optimistic perspective is not so much hiding the team's incapability but affirming it to an extent. Both of the above are not what bjr is doing.

So (going by not just this post but the ones that followed it), you are saying we should be giving "new lads" an opportunity. Fair 'nuff. I'm not familiar with Indian cricket, but do tell us who these new lads are that you think will outperform out of form seasoned cricketers.

And the world class players are called that because at one time they were indeed worldclass.

7. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

All the newcomers that were given a chance just proved it that they don't deserve a place in the Indian team for atleast 2 years.

I am not a cricket fan in anyway, but the way bjr puts his facts jus makes me understand the whole situation and also develop ma own opinion it. I can't argue much here because I am not a "professional sportsman" lol..

8. d_ist_urb_ed

Making the case that only a professional sportsperson should form opinions about a sport is like saying that only filmmakers should be allowed to judge movies. Irrational fallacy of logic. You're free to argue young AJ, although i doubt we'd hear much more from you other than, "Zomfg, bjr that is so true!"

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

To start with .. Sachin, shewag and Dhoni should be given a break. Suresh Raina, Dinesh karthik, Wasim Jaffer and Robin Uthapa should be given a chance to play freely without pressure of being kicked out.

Harbhajan should also be given a break and Romesh Powar should be played more often.

I'm sure there's a lot of talent in domestic cricket without opportunity so selection committee should also be revived.

Indian team needs a revolution rather than evolution.

World class players need not be world class players always.. so for God's sake they need a break. Marvan Attapattu got a break so why not Shewag n sachin.

10. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

This is what everyone says, but it need not necesarilliy be the truth.

And as for the pressure of being kicked out, there was nothing such. They were played in pressure-free situations and they jus showed it to the whole world they're NOT ready. They messed it up on their own...
    If you got no talents whom will you give a break? The whole Indian team I assume then...

11. d_ist_urb_ed

What he said.....thank you young AJ.

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^So Current team is poor.

You say there's no talent. So bench is poor.

Players who were given a chance were poor.

So now atleast is it safe to say that Indian cricket team is poor and will be for a long time?

And Hence why Blame Chappel?

13. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

^
    Are you related to chappel very closely? 80% of your posts are defending him...

Anyway I can't see WHO IS BLAMING CHAPPEL IN THIS ARGUEMENT???

14. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Hehe =/...I'm not as elite as you guyz...although yes im tryin ;)

15. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Then what is your argument?

Is it that you're just picking on my points without any argument of yours?

EDIT: No I'm not his relative.. Its just that Indian team always finds reason to defend themselves. Typical dravid line being "We fell short by 30 runs or so" basically showing that they played really well but just a slight mistake.

This time chappel is getting blamed.

16. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

When I pick up a point of yours and argue with it, isn't my point of view the opposite of yours?

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Ironically we both think that the Indian team is poor don't we?

18. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

But don't we think the cause of the poor performance is different?

19. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^What do you think?

20. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

chappel is a moron of a very rare breed.
    not only he made a mess of the the unity n enthusiasm in the Indian cricket team..
    he also single handedly (along with assistant dravid) murdered the only match winner bowler we had.. irfan pathan.

but even without chappel, do u think india wud hav gone to win the world cup with this team?
    i dont think so.

ok, they wud hav gone past the second stage and put up a generous fight up there.
    but frankly, just look at the south african, australian, srilankan teams out thr..
    they hav advanced soo much!
    and thats why it looks even worse, coz india is stuck in the same level it was years back.

a good team is one which can make 280-300 odd runs and win the match i guess.
    but a gr8 team is one which can pull thmselves up whn the chips are down and go on to win the match.

the way they batted aganst bangladesh, i dont blame them. can happen. fine.
    but doesnt the 'great' india hav this much in them to put up a fight and win the match?? (something that the team had done when sourav was the captain),
    fucking asholes.

This Indian team sucks. Period.

chappel has gone. good thing. but some of the issues he wanted to implement are not entirely baseless.
    he was right on spot when he stated that a team with an average fielding side cannot fare well in the world cup and he was right. India wud never hav made it.

i think its a positive thing the chappel issue happened in indian cricket.
    if india wud hav advanced to the 2nd stage and came back home losing, the naked face of indian cricket wud not hav been revealed so much as it is being now.

Also, we have been doin a bit of day dreaming, thinkin india wud go on 2 win the world cup this time.
    india has won against a depleted english side, a paki side without their main strike bowlers and srilankans when they were losing all their games.
    if we look back at the previous tournaments b4 the world cup, india has been a disaster.

(if u believe in ratings) look at the various ratings of the teams.
    india never came in 1-3 postn.. not evn 4 i think.
    look at the batsmen/bowlers/allrounders rating.
    how many indians do u see out thr?
    no is in binary.

we hav been building castles in the air.
    and living in them too.

jamhead and notty_lad like this.