Chappa Chappa Instrumental - My version ;)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, Nov 2, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

notty_lad and jozko like this.
  2. jozko

jozko Banned

3. geniusoid

Hey Jozko! Thanks for the reps, and the mail (and the song), and the feedback on the song...

As for tht video, no..i dont play like tht...thts a classical guitar and the artist seems to being flamenco frm the description (dont have spkrs/headphones at wor!) I use my 18 yr old poor lil Givson acoustic guitar with steel strings by Karuna and play with a pick, not fingers....

4. jozko

jozko Banned

u used same method for coupdegrace and similar works? brilliant stuff.

5. geniusoid

yeah thts kinda something i like to do...the sitar kinda thingy....just tht Coupdegrace had the regulation tuning (EADGBE) - here i tuned the 3rd string to E just to get a richer tone for strummin all the strings together and simultanteously playin the notes...

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Great stuff.. I really enjoyed the instrumental. It would be better if you improvise n make the transitions smooth from mukhda to antra etc without pauses ..

Have you used any effects/overlapping ? The track is sounding really 'filled'

Excellent stuff I must say .. Especially the novelty which you've added .. before the end where the guitar goes fast ..

7. geniusoid

Yeah i know - was just an impromptu rough recording....also, the fret board was a bit dry and so were my fingers, so slidin was kinda hurtin a bit....will re-record soon.....but dont expect the same thing in toto....i play it impromptu so i really donno wht will come out the next time ;)

The guitaring sounds filled up coz

a.) I`m not using the std tuning - tuned the 3rd string down to E , and so i hit all the strings even while i`m playin the notes...

b.) Used lil reverb + some slight chorus effects during processin the output (I use Cubase) - cud have used my processor on the acoustic for the same, but the connectin cord has a loose connection :(

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  8. Awesome dude... dont believe its a 18 years old guitar.. reps for sure dude....keep posting..

9. geniusoid

Thanks for the reps dude.... yeah correction - its 17 yrs old - for the 1st yr, for half yr i had no guitar and the other half, i played an old warped Reynolds tht we gave away after i bought my Givson Crown 20....shez 17....u dont believe it, then i`ve got pics .... but she really doesnt look 17 - kept her real well :) Have see new guitars tht look so old coz of poor maintenance

10. geniusoid

pics of the 17 yr old Givson soon....promise :D

11. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

wicked man...enjoyed listening to it. :)

12. geniusoid

"Dont fuk the guitar. Play it right." - was tht for me DJCrunchMix? ;)

I dont fuk it - i make sweet lovvvvvvve ... lol

13. jozko

jozko Banned

why not sweet 17 :p:

14. geniusoid

yeah yeah....i dont wanna get caught but....my guitar is under 18

15. jozko

jozko Banned

^ lol
    how much did it cost then, and what's price around now. HAs it got biult-in effects processor tuner, pickup, audio out and all? can u elaborate and when u post pics make pics of the electronic panel too?

how good and costly are Karuna string sets?
    thx in advance