changing pickups

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarfreak_106, Jun 21, 2006.

1. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

will there be any improvement in the sound if I were to change the pickups of my J & D strat copy? if yes is it worth the money? or is it better to get a higher end guitar?

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Changing pickups can make or break your tone...... But before changing pickups.. ans this Q yourself is it worth changing it on your guitar ? I mean is your guitar worth the change ? If your guitar is realy good... i.e. Good wood and plays realy well ( a nice neck that you like and the body feels good) then the chnage may be worth it.
    I have changed the pickups on my CHEAPO flying V copy and it has DRAMTICALY changed the whole Pluged tone of the guitar . But I can tell you my new pickups ( at least the Bridge DUNCAN ) is crying for a new guitar/ or better guitar to be placed in. The GUITAR IS NOT DOING JUSTICE TO THE PICK UP!!!!

3. guitarfreak_106

then guess it is not worth it cause there is too much buzzing especially while bending strings on certain frets

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

buzzing is common problem in any guitar.... and can be fixed, depending on how bad is the buzzing.

5. guitarfreak_106

bending the string on the 11th fret results in heavy buzzing. the note dies out almost immediately.

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Rather than changing the pickup, why don't you get a setup done by a guitar tech? That should resolve your buzzing issue.

7. guitarfreak_106

yeah will attend to the buzz first. this thread can be closed