Change...?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by augur, Dec 1, 2008.

1. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

@alpha1

This attitude that you talk of is present i agree, and in quite a lot of us, but it's not ubiquitous. I wont argue further on this topic because it's futile.

But i can't stop laughing at the hypocrisy in your whole statement.

Now this statement really has pissed me off. Just because we prefer to do things peacefully doesn't mean we are submissive. The history of not going to war is not because we can't, but because we prefer not to.

India was not the only place in the world which was colonized by the Europeans. Look at Africa and South America, do you think they have achieved even a tenth of what we have after their independence?

I agree India has far to go to be able to call itself developed or a 'superpower', but it is in the process. And this progress is because of the people. I won't give you the exact numbers and facts but if you're interested just google for them, and you'll actually come to terms with the progress made.

What's heartbreaking is seeing Indians today who always crib about how bad everything is in this country today. They complain about everything from Politics to Sports to Bollywood to the army.. every god damn thing.. Why doesn't anyone ever feel happy about all the good things?
    Why don't we see people ever coming out on the streets with placards when something good happens in the country?

After the olympics, there were more news reports on how india lags far behind compared to other countries in winning olympic medals then there were on the people actually having won the medals.

Do people realize that change doesn't come around overnight?
    The united states got it's independence in 1776!! We have had 60 years so far, in which we have progressed much more than anyone predicted at the time of independence.
    But all we hear about is how our literacy rate is only 70% and how the economic rift between rich and poor is constantly increasing (which by the way is very untrue, check and compare the GINI index of India and the US on Wikipedia if you don't believe me).

My conclusion - Its enough people! The need of the hour is to stand by your country and stand united. Stop the silly finger pointing and name calling.

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i was very much attracted to BJR's idea.......although as he himself points out, ppl who are educated enough to be part of this party wont take it on as a full time job.....cuz then they would be just like the other politicians, jobless........

if someone could repharse this properly? i cant seem to put it across.....

3. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

^^we need something like in the movie Yuva you mean

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My point was that we are submissive, and always look forward towards someone ELSE taking hte lead and doing the job.
    I didnt talk anythign about being violent.

Hence all your tirade against me is completely redundant.

My point was about how Indians have got a habbit of not taking an initiative.
    And I illustrated that using the situataion - that is of our generation shirking away form our responsibilities and escaping/running away to developed nations to live there comfortably as a servant/second class citizen.

The second scenario - about our represssion by British is preceded by the clause - I GUESS.
    Now, do I need to elucidate more on what this phrase "I GUESS" means?

I would appreciate if you would reread all the posts, and edit yours acordingly.

5. aniketdave

aniketdave aniket

^^ The last part of my post was directed towards everyone in general. Don't take it personally.

6. augur

augur I love bjr

26/11: We'll forget sooner than you think.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ah, I took my time coming back to this. I still have to post my thoughts on what I think of as "the dark side". Not just yet though.

aniket, I agree with what you've said in your post. I'll post where I differ.

8. distorted

distorted satan

???a politically active rock band???

9. augur

augur I love bjr

^...because life just revolves around music.

10. distorted

distorted satan

The way system of a down n rage against the machine rebelled....
    Lets get an '''axis of justice''' here.... Watsay???

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and it mattered how?

12. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

i beg to differ........

most indians would not vote for people wid criminal proceedings...dey are forced to do dat......dey do not have much choice in da matter.........if u r talkin bout navjot singh sidhu den his fame as a cricketer and a reality tv show judge precedes him........same applies for Sanjay Dutt though we arent sure if he will be voted for considering his tendency to make controversial comments....

13. distorted

distorted satan

We make economical progress n den v make lots of kids n den they neutralise each odr...

Hey augur, y dont u get castrated???

14. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^Uh Oh .. so much for redundancy ..

He's already castrated you fool.

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If you are being forced into something, does that not indicate submissiveness?

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I doubt you're going to do either.

17. augur

augur I love bjr

Because horses love me.

18. distorted

distorted satan

I'll make kids who'll eat up your economical progress....

19. angel_of_sin

yes but would u wanna see ur wife husbandless and ur children fatherless in return for a politcal leader dats too weak to do nething????????

20. angel_of_sin

btw i gt new spectacles made today...dey are horn rimmed ....haha finally gt wat i wanted all my life ........