Chalte Chalte - Recording!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by krishnaG, Nov 30, 2007.

1. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

Hi All,
    Here is the recording of Chalte Chalte, the good old song....please listen to it and pass on some comments!

www.soundclick.com/krishnasg
    PS: its named 'kabhi alvida na kehna'

Thanks!
    Krishna

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Very good vocals as always, liked this song very well as i think you did a very good job.
    One thing you should pay some more attention to is your Taal, it has to be improved, your Sur is good and the rhythms should be good too, so in my opinion just practise some more to improve the Taal, overall you did an excellent job, so keep going man!!!

3. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx Keoraf! and i will practice getting the taal right....that is becoz i still find it difficult to sing and strum together...need lot of practice....i want to get professionally trained in guitaring...but not sure when i will start...

-Krishna

4. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey ppl, some more comments would help to review it.....

5. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Krishna,

You've got good voice & good guitaring skills. I agree with Keoraf about the 'Taal' stuff. Tap your foot or get a meteronome to get started.

All the best, keep posting!

6. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx crazy for the info...will find out what a "meteronome" is :)

7. kaylash

kaylash Member

Kya baat hein Bansuri wala G

Hey Krishna,

That was good man. Its good you take some goldies. They are really good tk listen to. As usual, your voice is really good as well as the guitaring.

Let me know what meteronome is when you found out!. I don't know what it is.

GREAT JOB.

Kaylash
    ==========================================================

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

A metronome is an instrument that gives the beat, its very usefull when practising at home, for example for guitarists!
    Keyboards has their own rhythms so its simple, although they have an inbuilt meteronome aswell!
    Just take a look here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metronome

9. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx kailash for such encouraging words!!!
    keoraf....now i know what a metronome is.....hmm...will try to buy is someday...

10. kaylash

kaylash Member

Thanks

Thanks Keoraf Bhai. I will look for it.
    Cheers

kaylash
    ==========================================================

11. kaylash

kaylash Member

Metronome

Hey Keoraf Bhai, this was invented in Amsterdam!!!.

12. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Yes Kaylash, i read it too, i didn't know it was invented here in The Netherlands!

KrishnaG, you don't have to buy any metronome, you can download a free metronome tool, just take a look here, otherwise you can search Google for more free tools aswell:
    https://www.download3000.com/beats-per-minute-downloads.html

For those who are using Adobe Audition, this prog has an inbuilt metronome, so you are able to use that aswell, its only available in the Multitrack View, just go to Option and scroll down to Metronome!

13. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx keoraf...i downloaded one(metronomeV10) but dont know to use it...how to read beats? etc....and wrt this song? some gyan please.....

14. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey KrishnaG, just set the slider on the tempo you want to practice, for example 90 BMP, now click on Meter to set the time signature for example 4/4, this means you'll hear 4 beats(clicks) in each bar. Now hit the Start button and you'll hear the metronome counting the beats in the selected tempo, in this case 90 BPM!

But its better to use a drummachine to practise you songs man, on this page you can get alot of free software drummachines, so you'll hear a real drum playing the rhythm, ofcourse the sound isn't that good cause its based on your midi softsynth, but its a better way to practise at home, just take a look here:
    https://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/DRUMS_PERCUSSION
    The Drumstation v1.09 seems to be a good one!
    If you want some better stuff, then you could search the many torrent sites for Fruity Loops or one of the best composing and arranging software, Cubase SX 3!
    Good luck man!!!

15. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx keoraf! i will try it out....