Chale Ja Kahin

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by horsesmouth, Feb 25, 2012.

1. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

Don't ask why this name of the band. Maybe something weird just came to my mind. Also as regards other postings, not all of them are good.
    About this song, I wrote it on while I was sailing last December. It turned out to be better than I hoped, still since we don't have a proper setup the quality might not be the best, at few places there seems to be glitches while recording (not much to hope from a webcam microphone).
    (I love my Epiphone LP)

As lyrics are concerned, the song means different to different people. I had this in my mind while writing:
    Sometimes your thoughts, from your past, wander far away in memory of someone, and you can do nothing more than contemplate on this thought. Sometimes these thoughts can be painful. Then the only way out is to go somewhere else and forget, chale ja kahin.
    More of a landscape type feeling, while the song merely plays on your mind. Done in the happy E major scale.

Chalke jo khabar, raah bhi nahi
    dooriyon ki bhi, parwaah thi nahi
    dhoondhte hue aaye fir yahi
    keh rahe sabhi,
    chale ja kahin..
    chale ja kahin

Manjilein sabhi, naam ki sahi
    Khwabon ka sira, thaam ke chali
    Door aa gaye, dhoondhte hue
    keh rahe sabhi,
    chale ja kahin..
    chale ja kahin
    Chale ja kahin

Jahan ho tere din, teri zameen
    bas waqt ki tarah, behti ja rahi
    dhoond na sake, koi beeti jindagi
    ab keh rahe sabhi,
    chale ja kahin..
    chale ja kahin..
    chale ja kahin

=========================================================
    MP3 Player SoundClick
    =========================================================

2. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

i like the tune very much..kinda makes you want to hum along..
    nice song and lyrics too :)

3. horsesmouth

Thank you! :')
    I was beginning to wonder where everybody was.
    Maybe its the cricket match or the Sunday? Or maybe I just forgot to mention "Feedbacks are welcome"

4. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

haha..see im sho shweet.. ^_^
    kidding...dun you worry...ther'd be replies sooon :)
    keep rocking

5. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Like it ... Like the heaviness in the voice too .. good one .. keep 'em coming.

6. horsesmouth

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I liked it! While reading the lyrics, i thought the tune for this should be mellow and reflective and it was....and not happy (like I thought it might be when you mentioned a happy E).

Neither the guitar playing nor the singing were very good, but you'll get better and plus, you have to work around your shortcomings when you make a song and you did it pretty well here.

The lyrics, I thought, were very apt for a sailor....because chale ja kahin is probably easier for them in the minds of other people yet it can be a lonely life and you're stuck in the same place for 6 odd months. And funnily enough, you're the one who goes somewhere and it's the rest of the world who move on with their lives.

8. horsesmouth

I said happy because I was quite surprised at the overall mood post-recording. I had imagined it in my mind to be a litter sadder-than-mellow. I guess it was due to the scale (?).
    Guitar playing had some discrepancies, but we didn't try again for a better version. (This was the second). About the vocals, I don't really know, probably you could point out where it could have been better?
    And many people interpreted it as something related to leaving home. Rather its about our own thoughts and actions (that sometimes go wayward) moving on to somewhere else more comfortable.
    It somewhat applies to returning home too.

That is a really interesting point, an irony I hadn't thought of.