Censoring

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Ok...now i might spark a few outbursts here..but...do we really need censoring here..i mean....even with censoring ..people have...i have found ways to say what i wanted to say...and it kinda looks stupid when u lookin at say..some song name which has for eg Sh!t in it and u end up lookin at **** or words like s e x.....which end up as *** ....get it censoring the major profanities is ok....but the minor ones ...some which have even ceased to be profanities...censoring them is kinda kiddish ....we are all grown ups here...
    mebbe if wud be better if there was a user option which allowd users to filter out the content...something like google's filters or whatever...but wud make it more fun to see less no. of asterisks...for people who prefer asterisks let there be an option....
    Just my two cents ;)

nehemiah likes this.
  2. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

two cents..... seems more like a dollar doc yeah i must agree with you

3. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@DrSaurabh: IGT is legally registered website and comes under scanner of CyberCrimeCell of Mumbai & Indian IT Act!

According to the Act, any 'OBSCENE' activity is termed as an CRIMINAL Offence!
    And the word 'OBSCENE' is not broadly defined... so all words, pictures, etc can be termed as OBSCENE!
    Hence, its better to be on safer side instead of playing with Indian Laws! ;)

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

yeah better to stay in law !!!

definately you wondnt like any cyber crime office to buzz on your yahoo or msn when u enjoyin surfin IGT right ,,,... !!!

so lets stay in control and enjoy IGT with some restrictions ;)

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Point well taken.....;)
    forgot that india still has archiac ,vain and ambiguous laws....
    :)

6. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

yeah, but it gets a bit irritating to see the asterix.. maybe the obscene words could be replaced, like sh!t by shoot, f uck by fugde, n so on... and I don't think ***(s e x) is obscene

7. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Well.. just browse the site below:

https://www.mit.gov.in/it-bill.asp

I think this would clear all your doubts regarding the term 'OBSCENE' as termed by Government of India for Electronic Transfer!
    Reminder: This is the same act under which Bazee.com CEO was caught due to DPS MMS scandal!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.