Captaincy...???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by anshphenomenon, Aug 10, 2005.

1. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

guys.
    do u think that Rahul dravid shd still be the captain...?? or Saurav ganguly shd be leading the side again..??
    after the last match i think saurav shd lead..dravid shd keep and india shd go with previous formation of 7batsmen and 4bowlers...
    what do u all think>??

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think they'll go back to the oiriginal 7-batsman thing. They shouldn't make Dravid keep....He's already stated that it wasn't something he enjoyed and he kept goofing....something that you made allowances for because he wasn't a regular keeper. At least if the keeper goofs now, he has no excuses to make because he's expected to hold on to everything. We just need to give Dhoni time to mature...he has got it in him to do something good with the bat. I suppose it'll be 6 batsmen, a keeperbatsman, 4 bowlers. Dravid keeping added a lot of depth to the team though.

Sachin(also give a couple to Sehwag or Sourav to get through 10 quickly) should be the 5th bowler...he has a lot more bowling ability than he is given credit for. He wasn't really used well by Azhar...Sourav used him a lot better.

My team would be:

Virendra Sehwag
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Sourav Ganguly
    Rahul Dravid
    Yuvraj Singh
    Mohammed Kaif
    Mahendra Singh Dhoni
    Irfan Pathan
    Zaheer Khan
    Ashish Nehra
    Harbhajan Singh

L.Balaji
    A.Kumble
    <batsman other than V.V.S. Laxman>

I don't really favour changes in the team in the batting department because we've seen the sort of replacements who have been in the team in the absence of seniors and it's a lot that I doubt can surpass the current bunch.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

I prefer Ganguly to be the captain. And I dont think Dravid should keep. Dhoni is all right, if you ask me, he can stay. And whens Sachin coming back?? Even if he doesnt play well, his being in the team always seems to do the team good.

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

sachin according to me has gone past his gr8 days!now he is budda!he cant run for long time in the ground, he cant hit fours for long time in the ground and he cant even spend time with his ferrari for long!

5. anshphenomenon

even i feel ganguly shd be the captain..
    but do u really think dhoni is a keeper/batsmen..is he good enough??
    with dravid keeping we can play 7 batters..or 5 bowlers..
    but if he dosent keep then we really need someone who can really bat well and keep..

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i remember one Close-Up ad ...
    it had *drool* BipashaBasu and Ajaya Jadeja ...

i just remember one thing from the ad ...
    Bips says "Cricket cricket cricket ... its soooo boooring!!!"

7. tejas

tejas ..........

^^How is that even close to what this thread is about??? Try not to go off-topic please...

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think he definitely has potential. He's the best I've seen as a keeper batsman since Nayan Mongia...who wasn't really a brilliant batsman but steady and with an excellent pair of gloves. We should give him at least as long a run as Parthiv Patel got. He has won you that match with a great 142....let him stay for now, I feel.

9. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

did anyone notice sauravs atttude?
    50 off 110 balls and 26 off 45 in 2 matches ensured that india lost
    fortunately he retired early against WI and india won.
    I think saurav was trying to make sure dravid didn't succeed as captain, so he can get the chair back.
    He must be sacked. let dravid lead until one of the youngsters matures enuf to take over.

:] ::impish grin::

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

sorry d00d, double post

Since I can't seem to delete this post, I'll let you see me being really metal in an emo way till a mod can delete it.

\m/ - ^_^- \m/

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

wow! just......wow!!!

You know what....I bet he was also responsible for the assasination of John F Kennedy and Mahatma Gandhi.....and he is in reality Agent Smith from the matrix.

12. anshphenomenon

bjr.
    iam lmao..lol
    well said.
    @ananth ganguly was tryin to get his form back.. he wasnt confident..
    after what had happened..
    i think he was tryin his best..
    @bjr maybe we can try on with dhoni for a couple of seasons and see....??

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I certainly think so....the problem with us Indians is that our memory is far too short termed.

When he made 142, he was hailed as Indias next saviour all the time forgetting that there have been lots of flash in the pans. Vijay Bhardwaj who played one entire series was man of the series there and then never got a chance again.

When he got out cheaply in the finals, we again hail him as the villain forgetting that he is the same person who we had been rooting for in the first place.

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

~ make bhaaji da CAPITAN ~

15. anshphenomenon

@bjr yeah right.!!
    lets see. but something will be done this friday regarding team composition...
    when team for zimbabwe is selected..
    also i feel we lack in obowlers..
    leaving kumble i dont think there is anybody we can count on..
    he has the experience.
    we lack in having a proper bench strength of bowlers.
    there is no one good enough to fill up for these guys....

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

True but I think our fast bowlers are getting somewhere....Zaheer Khan especially has been bowling well in tests and in general though he hasn't been very fit of late. We don't have any spin options other than Kumble and Harbhajan. I honestly shudder to think of what's going to happen once Kumble retires.

However, you know what I find really shocking:

Our batting bench strength doesn't seem to be very great either. Especially in the one day format...

You know, the way people were going on and on about dropping Ganguly, I had assumed that they had 20 replacements better than him knocking on the windows....but look at our replacements. Dinesh Mongia during the Pakistan tour and Suresh Raina during the Sri Lankan tour....they, in my opinion, do not even come close to matching him. Our current batting is awesome...perhaps one of the best in World Cricket today and it should last for sometime considering the seniors are only 32 so its not an immediate concern but at least people should realize that the selectors are doing a good job not replacing the current lot the minute they lose a series as they used to in ages past.

17. anshphenomenon

yeah!
    all i can reach is one conclusion for the indian team!!
    "allah ki meharbani par chhod do inko" :p:

we have good players..they need to strike good form in one-dayers..
    we r doin well in tests...

lets hope for the best and pray that they do good in the coming season... :beer:

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I only wish more people had this attitude....

19. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

farnkly india has a good team with a few good newcomers..

my team would be

Sachin
    Sehwag
    Dravid (C)
    Dhoni
    Yuvraj
    Kaif
    Raina/Ganguly (ganguly would come up the order)
    Pathan
    Harbhajan
    Zaheer
    Kumble/Nehra (depending on pitch)

subs/reserves:
    Balaji
    Yadav
    V. Rao
    Laxman

1 more spinner
    2 batsmen
    1 anyone else

My reasoning is that nehrta and kumble need to aply as per the pitch to provide an extra spinner/pace bowler. ganguly is good for confidence buidling in the team na dawesome for tests andfacing spinners. Laxman is really good for test matches. Raina is really good for one dayerscoz ofhis work in the field... plus if given time he will emerge as a bowling option and a decent bastman.. im not a selector so imnot going to rack my brain over the exact tream butill jstu give the approximatesasseen aboce

20. anshphenomenon

ur team looks good..
    but that is what we had in sri lanka leaving sachin......... lol :p:
    but i think ur reasoning is correct....
    lets see what happpens in the future...