Cant sing and play at the same time

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by godfather, Jul 24, 2006.

1. godfather

godfather New Member

hey..wassup..actually i hv been askd to perform at mah college..i hv veen asked to do led zep s stairway to heaven..i hv started practising a few days ago wid da tabs..i can get it alryte..but da prob cums wen da singing part cums..i cant play mah guit and singin at da same time..wen i try and concentrate on singin i forget wat m playin..wen i try to concentrate on mah guit i sumtimes forget wat m singin..plz u guys yelp me..thnkx in advance..

2. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Dont sing and play at the same time. Either sing, or play, or choose a simpler song. I dont think anyone can help u much in this matter. The best way out is to practice more & more, so that u develop kinda reflex for the song, and u dont have to actually think while playing.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Practice a few hours,
    whan you are done practice even more.

There are no tricks for this

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

this is what can be done.................hear the song a hundred time(i mean a lot many times).........then play the guitar of the song...........get perfection in that................perfection means u don see and play and then learn the lyrics..........but i don think u should be learnin if you hav heard it soo many times then get them together.........try it play and sing part by part

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Look, I am a semi beginner :p:
    It used to happen with me also. But I didn't care and continued to try and try harder. Atlast! I cud play some songs! Day by day, the number increased and now, I can play most of the songs. There is no trick for this. It is happening because you are thinking about the rythm you are playing (that's not wrong also ). Continue it, and one day will come, when you would not have to think about the rythm (It's called conditional reflex) and you will be able to sing "from your heart". :)

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

also, it is easy to sing and play at the same time if you reach good proficiency in ONE of the TWO things, then you can concentrate more on the other while actually performing.

7. godfather

godfather New Member

hey thank u guys..really helped me a lot..i ll surely keep in mind all these things and try..thnkx again...

8. siso4u

siso4u New Member

amaro faltoo obosta re vai...