Cant play Gm and Cm properly wats wrong?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aditie, Sep 18, 2009.

1. aditie

aditie New Member

im a newbie learning guitar by myself..i cant play Gm and Cm properly wats wrong ? can ne 1 help me?

2. shadynike

shadynike New Member

there can be a few problems..
    1 u may not bar properly if ur nu @ dis..
    id suggest play along with a software like guitar pro if u have one , or try playing along with a song.. also check the tuning of ur guitar.. try buying an electric tuner.. it helps..
    by the by, Gm is 355333 on eadgbe and cm is 335543.. try it.. keep rocking all strings attached.. if u gt problems still, reply back here..

3. aditie

aditie New Member

thanks

well m new n trying... i think i dnt bar properly...
    thanks

4. rocky299

rocky299 New Member

try any of these formation for G min

1)3 5 5 3 3 3

2)X X 5 3 3 3

3)3 1 0 0 3 3

play the one that u can play easily all are G min.

5. aditie

aditie New Member

hey nw im gud at it!!:)

6. dashingncool

dashingncool New Member

More Info

As you said you are a newbie. Still i would like to know whether you are playing open chords, or barred chords.

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I think your answer lies within your question. Go to a teacher.... Don't try to learn guitar by yourself (if you are willing to make it big).....

I made the same mistake and I really learned guitar after I went to a teacher. Just learn the basics (chords,scales, finger positioning, right hand and left hand technique etc) from someone experienced(because he can rectify your mistakes). Once you do that, you become well equipped to learn more by yourself.