Cant Access Hotmail Account !!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, May 25, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

we ve just installed a new zone alarm firewall in our office and because of which i am not able to access most of the sites along with hotmail ... havent checked my e mail from a week now !!! :annoyed:

i wanted to disable the firewall from the server but the engg has given a strict warning that we should not even think of doing that , ...

neo / zoom / others - in this case , is there any other way where i can access my hotmail account and check the mail .

loggin on to igt is not a problem , yahoo also can access after some amount of refreshes ...

hotmail and few other sites , it really sucks when i an unable to open and check my e mails !!!

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Bobby,
    Just an off hand question. Are you doing this running the forum as a full time job or are you working somewhere and managing this in your leisure. Good job anyway.

4. bob-bobby

ronnie - that was offtrack , nws i work full time for a trading co. in lagos and since i m not married yet , i ve enuf time to dedicate myself to this wonderful site ...

cypher - tried that , its not working , i think maybe b cos of the firewall !!!

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Maybe you can try enabling cookies and files in the firewall's options by entering the site's name. This happened to me when using Gmail with ZoneAlarm. It said that the it could not load since cookies for Gmail were not enabled. I did it by going into the Privacy tab and the selecting Site List tab and then I entered the site's name and enabled all the options for it (all the crosses even the 3rd party and everything). Then everything worked fine. Are you using ZoneAlarm Pro?

6. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

;) He's Right and the other thing is to go in the control panel of Zone Alarm and change the option "Automatically block Unsafe Cookies" to "Prompt before blocking" . This will help u keep a record of which sits are being blocked and what is the severity level. :rock:

7. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Bobby seems to have forgotten about his query.

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey why dont u use this simple approach........ Goto Your-freedom.net .... take their free package gives u 64Kbps or 8KBps that should be good enough..... it uses a httptunnel library of java to route your requests through their server...... and in an encrypted way...... so even if ur IT people do packect sniffing .... u wont be caught.....

Once u install and run this software...... just change your internet connection settings..... to a server that is created on your system ,,,,,, noramlly localhost 1080.... then u can access any restricted site from your system.......

I bypasses any firewal..... sygate too.......

9. bob-bobby

thanks everyone , the problem is solved now ...

the problem is with my isp , they suck so there was no solution for it ...

its working juss fine now :)