Canon in D my cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jackdaws, Dec 5, 2006.

1. shivi0401

shivi0401 New Member

dude ..honestly u overwhelm with modesty ..never mind recreating Jerry C...but ''i am not good at guitar playin'' LOL...whatz gonna b my motivation then :) ?

2. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Let's take an instance of a shred....when u`re on an electric and u use some distortions, wah effects and all, u cud miss a few notes and just shred thru and still sound gr8...at the same time, try tht on an acoustic - u can exactly catch tht person making tht lil error anywhere...also, the same composition will take more effort on an acoustic (not generalising here) - take Canon Rock for instance and try the same thing on an acoustic - u`ll realise tht its a totally different ball game now - thts the very reason why all of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major versions on acoustics are not shreds, but softer versions tht sound very soothing and melodious (not taking away the melodicity of the electric rock version here)

I may be wrong here, and someone might (like elsewhere) try to ask me to stfu coz I am tellin all the wrong things, but thts just my opinion... I`ve played both - and I practised the Canon on an acoustic before setting it on the electric - makes it much easier, once u toil it out on an acoustic...

Cheers...

-sOid

3. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

hmm okieee...i play canon on acoustic too but its a different style totally...not the same style as the rock version...because on acoustic u dont get the same "feel" that u will get with overdrive, if u try to play the same pattern...but ur right mebbe u can get away with a few errors here and there...but in the grand scheme of things i think, good guitar players wont find it difficult to switch between the two...what say u???

4. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

yeah true....but at times when i hear a Satch or a Vai or a Maalmstein shred, and then hear Paginini shred thru his caprices on the violin, or any track frm Friday Night in SanFrancisco, i get this feelin frm the bottom of my heart - tht i wanna be able to play the latter, and not the former...for me the dream of wearing a sober formal attire, sitting on a chair with an acoustic and performing is much more heavenly than black leather and wires all over and overdrives screamin out...

(P.S: I do get goosepimples when I hear Comfy Numb & Coming back 2 Life as well, and those are on the electric - thts when u`re FEEL part of electric guitars comes good)

5. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

hehe..to be fair i like pink floyd but off late i dont listen to em much...i prefer dire straits for clean tone playing as compared to floyd...dunno why..but somehow mark knopfler and even Eric John sounds a lot better i what i think...again its just a personal observation and more that likely i dont understand what good guitar playing is...hehehehe :beer: :beer: