Can you imagine this happening in INDIA?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by amit82cse, Mar 6, 2006.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Can you imagine this happening in INDIA? Is anybody aware of this? Does this really works?

Government of India has a online Grievance forum at https://darpg-grievance.nic.in/
    The government wants people to use this tool to highlight the problems they faced while dealing with Government officials or departments like Passport Office, Electricity board, BSNL/MTNL, Railways etc etc.

I know many people will say that these things don't work in India, but this actually works as one of our colleagues in CSC found. The guy I'm talking about lives in Faridabad. Couple of months back, the Faridabad Municipal corporation laid new roads in his area and the residents were very happy about it. But 2 weeks later, BSNL dugged up the newly laid roads to install new cables which annoyed all the residents including this guy. But it was only this guy who used the above listed grievance forum to highlight his concern. And to his surprise, BSNL and Municipal corporation of faridabad was served a show cause notice and the guy received a copy of the notice in one week. Government has asked the MC and BSNL about the goof up as its clear that both the government departments were not in sync at all.

So use this grievance forum and educate others who don't know about this facility. This way we can at least raise our concerns instead of just talking about the 'System' in India.

sachoo likes this.
  2. kaiser

kaiser Bored

Coooooooooooooooolllllllll Mmmmaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Kaiser's back, shit run for your lives!

4. nimitr

nimitr New Member

nice info amit thnx man keep posting such useful stuff :)

5. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Nice post Amit. I will definately give a try to it. But believe me NIC wud need huge logs of DB storage in a while :p: .

reps for u.

:beer:
    Sachoo

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

we also have complaints box and other such decorative stuff in lots of places - i've never known anything concrete comming out of it tho.

a better way to highlight corruption and inept officials and cases of bribery is to alert NDTV.

7. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

what I like best here is that its first initiative from goverment to control correption in goverment. Now there is portal for us to raise a voice.

8. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Don't have faith on this Government.......

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

You know its kinda sad...
    Although India has a lot of potential (as it continuously keeps showing us) there arent enuf force-driven people out there who have that drive to keep that rush going. There have been so many efforts and attmpts to fix whtever problems that cud be solved..but it jst sort of falls through..

Even new attempts like these forums that theyve built...i thnk its a wonderful idea and hopefully hopefully it will work..but hving seen previous attmpts crash and burn...im telling you watch this one go flat in a couple of years if not months.

Too mny unsatisfied people..too less of a group who cares to make a difference. It doesnt balance..

10. Sanjay Mazumder

If ppl at the top are corrupted, how can a country show its potential? Just look at the ministers....... why the hell ppl with criminal records sitting there. Just **** them off!

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Thats looking at my point from another deeper angle. Thats where india gets kicked in the shins when it comes to becoming a supernation. We have the potential..we just dnt have the gddamn rite people at the rite place. Thats whats so aggravating. :mad: we could be sooo much.

Buts it all about the money..and making sure its under your a$s.

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Did U watch the movie Yuva? This is what we need rite now in a country like India. We the young generation are to fight against the evil forces to make our country back to a golden eagle.

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

LOL..you make it sound like a marvel comic book-episode.

btw..no i havent seen yuva.

Yea..we really do need the youngsters to step up. But think, honestly..how mny kids...are really willing to take a step like that? Hardly any one wants anything to do with politics. And then, you gt to look at the kids who are financially stable..how many have left/ gone abroad. At the end of the day we are left with nothing...and its the same old story again. We gotta leave it all to the old dhoti men..who sit in the PA slapping each other with chappals if they dnt like something..but wnt budge if it means taking action and spending a couple hundred. Its really sad.

14. Sanjay Mazumder

That's what we all think. If U wanna get somethin U are to lose somethin. That's a universal law. The thing is that we all think that politics is dirty and is only meant for the ppl with the dhoti but it's never true. They made it dirty. We are to clean all that. Somebody will hav to sacrifice. And trust me we can do that and make the difference. Just we are to unite and go ahead and sacrifice a little. :beer:

15. kaiser

kaiser Bored

@petunia u lucky thing........u havent seen yuva.

@disturbed....hey.... i was drunk n logged on to igt. how else can i land up here.....hic!

hey u guys chill...indias gonna be the same forever. the problem is not corruption, corruption is natural. i dont understand why poeple cant live it. thats the side effect of power. n criminal records are ok...unless ur a rapist or druglord. technically, gandhi, bose n the guys had criminal records too, were they villains?

its not even that the people are not motivated...we got millions of strikes and protests and demonstrations a year in almost all the sectors in this country (whether right or wrong, justified or not)......when they happen and we watch them on tv, we say aw not again, dont these guys have anythign else to do?

what id like to see changed in india is:

1.people NOT spitting anywhere they feel like
    2. people not defecating anywhere they feel like.

if this is possible, then anything in this country is.

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^C'mon kaiser, you're taking away the basic right on the indians that way! Being able to spit and defecate anywhere is one of the basic birthrights, bharat mata ki jay

17. Sanjay Mazumder

@Kaiser, why are U taking it in another way. Just look at it in a simple way. And U wud see everything clear. And moreover Protests and demonstrations shud always be there so that the ppl in power shud understand that anything wrong wud not be tollerated.

18. kaiser

kaiser Bored

@sanjay...dudde ur the first guy whos got his full name for igt id.

did i say there shudnt be protests, demonstrations? and whta is it that i cant see and what IS clear mate? look around: all u see clearly is paan, shit and piss everywhere.

walk into a building such as that of the elec board, water board, collectorate. all over the country they look and smell the same. u know why. now IF ONLY PEOPLE COULD STOP being filthy, the whole COUNTRY CAN CHANGE. OUR CiTIES CAN LOOK LIKE PARIS...we dont need no mncs, no mobile phones....no laws or amendmends....no great infrastructure....
    we can do with corrupt politicians too.

what im saying is that ........arrggh i dont know what im saying. just fck it. i didnt wanna get into a 'country debate' cuz nothing is gonna coem outta it.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You forgot about ppl pissing everywhere. (To curb that we need clean toilets everywhere - so again the onus on "sarkar")

20. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

If u are not a part of the solution .. Then u are a part of the problem -- Shiv Khera :p: