Can you guys cook !!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bob-bobby, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

was chatting with a friend ( isnt it ;) and came up with this topic ...

so can you guys cook some food ( abt cooking stories , i am know most of you are good , i mean real good ) ..

for me , i really enjoy cooking and most of the time i cook on weekend cos i am relaxed and make my supper !!!

mostly i like to cook non veg indian and chinese cuisine from chicken , fish , goat meat , shrimps , tofu etc etc ..

rice is complementary ;)

and anyone flyin by nigeria, you guys are most welcome for an authentic treat ! :)

2. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

i can cook all the basic food thts the normal indian food..nothin besides tht

umm..tht includes veg n nonveg biryani's curries vegtables etc etc
    nothin much
    whtever i cook is good.................................................. as long as its edible..lol:)

3. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

cook!!!i can't even break an egg properly to make an omlette!!!
    but yeah!...i can cook other people's brains off!!;):)

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

goat meat?> did you mean mutton?>

i can cook too......... eggs (omlette, half boil, full boil, quarter boil, poach, scrambled and uncooked), tea (black, brown, lemon), coffee ( black, brown and cold), maggi (with or without additional ingredients like vegetables) and mixed fried rice (which is basically rice fried in a little oil, with all available vegetables thrown in after being diced and chopped), sandwich (where i make the stuffing by frying an assortment of diced and chopped vegetables, or sometimes add an aforementioned omlette or minced meat - the chicken or mutton isnt of course my cooking - mom's), mashed potatoes, maggi soup and of course i can cook a good story when the mood siezes me!!

as you must have noticed, all the recipes are are in the M.R.E. family.

5. bob-bobby

@ silent dragon - that goes without saying :)

@ jamhead - you rock maen , i thought i was goin thru a resturant's menu and ya goat meat means mutton...

@ martina - not bad at all !!! you need to be a graduate atleast to become a professional ;)

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i may rock or i may not, but i doubt that my cooking rocks too or ever will haha

anyways thanks.... btw do all of you know whats a M.R.E ?

7. bob-bobby

is it meals ready to eat !!!

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

thats what the top honchos of the us army claimed it to be, when they handed those "ready to eat" food packets to the marines, during operation "desert storm".

the soldiers however, after tasting the food, and noting exactly how delicious it was, came up with a slightly different version of MRE.

they called it.. Meals Rejected by Ethiopeans.

9. bob-bobby

ha ha , i knew till the part when the MRE packs were given to marine from the army !!!

the latter was hilarious :) ...

10. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah a bit... nothin fancy ... but i can cook some decent basic meals ...

11. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

hehe.nice thread bobby
    i can only
    " F R Y A N E G G "
    thats all..hehe

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I can cook some Indian dishes (chicken curry, kheema) along with other basic stuff like rice, dal, a few vegetable dishes and breakfast like pancakes, eggs etc. I'm glad I enjoy it otherwise I would have not had anything good to eat here in Canada.

13. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

this is cool.....................u guys know how to cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow wow wow :)

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I love cooking.... especially I love experimenting in the kitchen... And generally, most of my stuff turns out good...

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I can cook lots of dishes....The Indian Dal Chaval and sometimes Sabji and Daliya and all.....
    But my favourite is continental stuff with usually lots of cheese ...:):)...and not to forget red wine....
    Having a chef brother helps too....:):)

16. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I am good at cooking up stories whenever i am in some false position..

17. tejas

tejas ..........

I can cook the basic meals. Nothing special, but my cheese omlet is very famous. And I love cooking, its quite fun.

18. Taifi

Taifi New Member

me ummm cooking aaaa. yeah a slice of bread is part of food.and u need to cook food.so i can toast a slice of bread. thatz food rite. otherwise i can fry an egg hehe:p

19. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

I am really good at cooking.

in school thr was this teachr who askd us 2 write down the steps 2 make an omlette.. (i don remember the xact term 2 describe wht its calld..like essy, precis or wht.. but we had it in our syllabus.. whr we had 2 write the steps sequencially 2 do somethin (omlette, tea, build a house whtevr)

so my frst step was
    1. Boil the egg.
    10. Serve the delicious omlette.

i got a delicious 0.

havnt improvd much till thn.. :sigh:

20. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

hahahah subhro.............that was nice, that means in the test too u got an egg. what did u do to it, again boiled it ...................hahahaha.