can lockin system be fitted

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Sep 5, 2006.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey guys wanted to know i hav a ibanez grg170dx but can i get a locing system fitted into the headstock is that possible or not.........and is anyone intrested in selling a round about 100watts amp

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

wow man
    u dont need a 100w amp for practice
    going to take ur own amp on stage?

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

100 watts is too much for practice. 10 to 15 watts is enough.

Why dont you contact a luthier to know about the locking system. I thought GRG has one?

4. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

a hundred watts!!!!!you planning to bring down the house?

try a 15 w marshall or laney or fender first

5. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well i own a 20watts roland but first plzz temme about a locing system i need that desperately

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

and a hundred watts is needed for some live performance

7. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

there might be some extensive changes required at the nect at body for the floyd rose...plus the profiles of your existing bridge and the locking bridge will have to match, else there may be action problems.

you might want to take some expert opinion on this ...try contacting someone knowledgeable at some respectable guitar shops..or better,try a luthier

8. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

plzz can u all suggest some pple or shops who can help me.......bought it a month ago frm bhargavas will they be help

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

i thought he wanted locking tuners. if thats the case you can look out for someone known locally who's good with guitars, IMO

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

no they wont help........try going to albertos (Malad) or Peter Pereira (Thane).........theyll tellya the exact estimate.

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Call Bhargavas and get Sunil's number.

12. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

thnx pple and yeah i meant locking nuts...if researched and its better to get a new guitar than a floyd rose system fiited and nuts are availiable where