Can i use a stranger cube 20 as a bass amp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Jan 11, 2007.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

I have seen on bajaao.com that part of the newly launched Laney amplifiers in India, the Laney RB1 Richter bass guitar combo is the smallest bass amp available and puts out 15 watts into a single 8" custom designed driver.
    So that means that a stranger cube 20 which i used with my electric guitar can b used to support the bass guitar also.
    I am talking about the cheapest givson bass as i am jus joined the bass league..jus learnin to tap..hehehe:p:

Experts plz comment...
    Coz i dont want to spend the xtra moolah for a bass amp right now...not until that i feel i can play good ...:annoyed:

2. yazi

yazi Banned

U got a bass guitar? Then just plug it in and see!

3. born2tab

No i will get it by Sat...But even though i heard that it will support , but with time the stranger amp will wear out...thatz what i heard..and i dont want to spoil the only amp i have right now...at least then ma hobner and ibanez will curse me:eek::

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i hav the same ques ma friends startin to learn so do we hav to get a bass amp

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    It cannot damage it, if you keep teh power within reasonable limits.

However, in terms of loudness, your bass will in all possibility sound very less than a guitar thru the amp.
    And under those circumstance if you decide to turn the output level and all the EQ controls all teh way up, save some money to mend your amp.

6. born2tab

At last I got a Kustom sound bass amp 40W...So now i realise the difference..alhpa how come u are always rite:)

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

use even a stranger 10 Watt amp, if there's one. If you dont cross the volume levels that are good enough to hurt those tiny speakers, everything will be fine. With Stranger Cube20, keep it for granted that the amp is not for Jam Sessions and strictly for bedroom practise.

8. born2tab

Thanks ronnie!!!So u are back from chennai..hey bro!!! my fren got a samick bass guitar...Its kewl..and the Kustom bass amp too(40W).

Now we have the whole gear ready required for our band:)

9. ronnieanand

I am back from Chennai........Had a great time.........Also fixed my guitars :)

10. born2tab

kewl...hey so when is your next gig planned....and where???

11. ronnieanand

We are on a break........We will start gigging again in March.......I will let you know.......Since you are part of the mailing list......you will be informed........:beer:

12. born2tab

okaaaay..will b eagerly awaiting

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Which band are you on, Ronnie?

14. ronnieanand

Pipers.....Bangalore based band.....playing Hard Rock types music.....

15. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

me bought an amp too

Bought myself a Laney RB2 30 W amp. its pretty good. I wanted the Laney RB3 65W amp, but the guys at bajaao took too much time to respond, so I asked my bro to buy the RB2 from Cal and carry it with him (RB3 was not available in Cal). Paid Rs. 7000 as against 6900 in bajaao, but since transportation did not cost me anything, I think I got it cheaper than bajaao.

ps: does anyone know why the bajaao site never opens most of the times? Also @ Laneymany - the amp does say manufacturer Laney, west midlands, UK etc, but at the back of the amp it says made in china.

16. born2tab

^^^hey sanjiv....laney amps are made in china only..outsourcing deal huh..only manufacturer label is UK based

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Most of the low end amps from all the companies (Marshall, Laney etc) are made in China.

18. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Marshalls are made in India. Maybe some Laneys are made in UK too, I remember Laneymaney telling me his amp was manufacturerd in UK by BLT Industries or something.

By the way, I forgot to thank Sayanakaharry for his pointer on the Signature shop in Cal where I got a good deal on my amp. Reps to you Sayan as soon as I find out how!