Can i put ordinary stickers on my guitar,not specefic "guitar stickers"?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by iluvmuzik, Mar 25, 2010.

1. iluvmuzik

iluvmuzik New Member

@gpt

can you ****in ease out on the sarcasm?
    i'm just tryin to ask a question :|

2. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• post.png
      post.png
      File size:
      154.3 KB
      Views:
  3. iluvmuzik

iluvmuzik New Member

haha what rubbish is this?!

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

It's actually the equivalent of going to a press community and asking "Hey folks, how do I carry out a terrorist strike?". Normal stickers can actually reduce the IQ of a person who sees it, so naturally everyone hates them around here.

I personally am not against stickers...given they go with the aesthetics of the instrument. (rarely if ever)

One day I'll paint my instrument white, and do a pen-and-ink on it with markers. Whoo. Or maybe actually paint it myself. Uniqueness. I'm already thinking of painting my hardcase with philosophical graffiti and the names of those who contributed towards it xD

5. flood

flood New Member

6. flood

flood New Member

7. slayersid18

slayersid18 New Member

well, i have a cheap givson cos i dont have old money to spend on pricey guitars as yet...i wudnt mind doing stickers/custom graphics on a cheap guitar...but talk about a fender/greg bennett/Ibanez/any good brand and woah, doing that is WAY out of line.

but whatever, i think my custom graphics on this one rocks. Its inspired by Van Halen's Frankenstrat....made it using Fevicryl's Stick-On Colors (that gluey stuff u can use to make stickers n stuff) and lots of alphabets cut from a newspaper. & yeah, a free-with-bubblegum sticker tattoo of a skull near my knobs. Some ppl think its juvenile, but i think its wicked! better than a stock Givson. hah.

hmmm wat u think of it guys??

Attached Files:

8. iluvmuzik

iluvmuzik New Member

@ slayersid18- yeah man ur graphic are nice :)
    @ ultrabot-i dont see whats so ****in obvious in this question. there are people here who want to fet the advice of others not get dissed by them for no apparent reason x|

9. Aardweasle

Aardweasle New Member

Depends what type of guitar.
    Pasting stickers on an electric will not cause any harm to the sound, but it may make your finish look like shit when you take it off.
    On the other hand, pasting stickers on an acoustic will definitely impact the tone.
    If you want a temporary solution, like maybe some cool graphics for a gig, just use a whiteboard (dry erase) marker to draw on the guitar. You can then wipe it off with a cloth afterwards.

10. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Nothing wrong with stickers on guitars... Kirk Hammett has 'em and so does Jeff Hanneman, I think...

- Jimmy Rage

11. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

guy im plannin to mod by guitar a bit...its a jackson dk2...im removing the volume knob and using the tone knob as the volume...and put a awesome small sticker where the volume pot was...as u know thr would be a cavity left...and im changing the pick ups..dimarzo x2n(white)(bridge) and dimarzio fast track1(red)(neck)...

ps:it has duncan originals now which are more than awesome...

12. ultrabot90

I think you can fill that cavity with wood filler or something. flood would know more precisely.

And look for Bare knuckle pickups if you want high end stuff...
    and Lundgren pickups if you want GOD level stuff xD

13. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

i don think i want to fill tht cavity...as later on i can get a gain booster or a sustainiac system installed on my guitar...

14. ultrabot90

Oh, cool. Even I want a sustainer as a mid-long term upgrade in my guitar. The violin effect (volume swell+ebow/sustainer) is a useful technique.

15. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

ya but for tht i think u need really good-responsive volume knobs like the ones on fender...my jackson knob sucks...either its full or none

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^ i think its the potentiometer that makes the difference not the knob..

17. ultrabot90

^I'm guessing he meant pots. A volume pedal is said to do a much better job of it, but I can't find any decent ones in the cheap range (okay, that actually never really happens, lol)