Can i learn guitar without a teacher?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by solja, Sep 15, 2009.

1. solja

solja New Member

Well,Iam frustrated so please excuse me if i lose my language somewhere in between my post.The story begins:

I have started learning guitar a month ago and i pushed my teacher to take classes for me on daily basis as he used to conduct classes on alternative days,So that i can learn fast and practice everyday.Anyways,After one month of classes my guitar teacher was selected in a company and he shifted to Delhi yesterday,I understand that everybody care's for better future and better opportunities,but my bad luck is .. he was the only one in our place to teach guitar.Now,he is gone and i don't want to sit like a idiot thinking about it all day long and i don't want to chase him and go to Delhi to learn guitar.So,what i need from you guys is some instructions and guidance so that i don't lose my flow of practicing and can learn even without a teacher.Is it possible that i can learn guitar without a teacher? I do know the basics.So please suggest me what should i do?
    links/comments/adviceExcersise/techniques is what iam looking for.

I really need help.

Thanx in advance for your help.
    Help me please.

2. needless

needless New Member

where in delhi do you stay maybe there are most guitar teachers but you might not know. even if you dont get a teacher you can learn guitar online. check the sticky posts in this forum for a start.

3. kapilbhati1639

kapilbhati1639 New Member

check out freeandeasyguitar.com

4. solja

solja New Member

i don't stay in Delhi.I'm from Punjab.
    Lets not discuss about guitar teachers anymore because i wont find them near my place.
    Enlighten me more please on what you just said.
    links/comments/adviceExcersise/techniques..?
    how can i learn it online?
    whats sticky post?

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

6. solja

solja New Member

i will check both of the sites.So thank you metalmickey,kapilbhati1639 & needless.
    Is there anything else i need to know ?
    Thanx again for your support and needful help.

7. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

practice makes a man/guitarist perfect!!...............

8. needless

needless New Member

the first few threads here indianguitartabs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14 have the word "sticky" before them. u can refer to them they are called sticky threads.

9. solja

solja New Member

thanx a lot for replying and helping me guys.