Can I Afford To Put My Guitar In The Luggage

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rust_in_pain, Dec 3, 2005.

1. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

Hi,

I am about to order an IBANEZ RG 370dx frm the US.Now it will be in a hardshell case.But still is it safe enough?

regards

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hi Pulkit,
    Congrats dude on your guitar.
    If u are bringing the guitar along with u then id suggest u carry it with urself(in the cabin) if it isnt too much of a problem...otherwise ...bahgwan ka naam liyo!

3. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

well the SUBJECT of ur post and the CONTENT of ur post are different to each other!! either u are ordering that guitar from US to India.............or u r getting that by urself from US to India...................

1. if u r ordering from US to India..........while u r india ...........u dont need to worry bout it.........coz its not only goin to be in Hard case.............but also safe packing and clearly stating that this ITEM is fragile..............so u dont need to worry bout it

2. if u r getting it by urself from US to India............then make sure u put a strip of FRAGILE while u are checkin in.................

lastly............ its better to insure ure item when u order.............insurance cost isnt much few dollars i would say.............so u'll get ur stuff in perfect form guaranteed!!

Congrats in advance for ur guitar!

4. rust_in_pain

thanks dennis and khuram...
    my cousin is bringing the guitar for me..but he says such a thing wont be allowed inside the cabin.
    however i will ask him to put the FRAGILE sticker on it.

btw dennis:did u get your guitar from US

5. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

well...........i had my guitar with me when i was goin to pak carryin as hand luggage infact.............they didnt even consider as handluggage and allowed me another bag as hand luggage............so i was allowed to take my guitar with me in the cabin! n they dont stop u if u have ur guitar or any other hand carried instrument.............so its all good.........u dont need to put it in baggage!

6. shak

shak Harrr!

guitar wont be allowed in the cabin .. however if you can work a charm and request the hostess/steward to stash it in his/her compartment .. it might do the job .. my friend did that..
    otherwise you would have to let that go in the luggage .. if its hardcase then i am sure nothing would happpen .. but just to be on a safe side .. take an insurance ..

7. rust_in_pain

thanks again

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

I think

Hi,
    well i have also bought a guitar from US :rock: (going to post bout it after this) and all respect to shahrukh's saying i think guitar wud be allowed in the cabin and thats the safest option(i hav asked my aunt to carry it in a gig bag along with her) as i had read somewhere on the IGT itself that they allow guitar in cabin luggage.....dont know bout hard shell but i am kind of sure they wud allow it in a gig bag......rest up to you...also when is ur cousin bringing it here, do tell me how was it so that it'll be great help and i'll be able to prepare myself for it ;) , also.....................................................................................i got an epiphone les paul custom limited edition midnight black :beer:

9. rust_in_pain

cheers!!!!!!!!!!

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

a frnd of mine got a fender from dubai .. in his cabin .. he had to beg an elderly hostess ...