Can anyone explain, what is "tabs". Are the "leads" and "tabs" are same?

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by ranjank, Dec 31, 2007.

1. ranjank

ranjank New Member

What I know is that there is one called "leads" and the other is "chords".
    Can anyone please explain, what is "tabs". Are the "leads" and "tabs" are same?

2. caprico4

caprico4 New Member

tabs is a short version of tabalature.. thats like sheep music.. it tells you how too play a particular song on the guitar by using a simple diagram.

3. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

Lead is the "tune"(welll....most of the time, solos are an exception) of the song while rythem(chords) is just a time keeper that a rythem guitarist plays in time with a drummer or alone to help keep time and add to the atmosphere. You know the six strings of the guitar are(starting from the top of the guitar) E, A, D, G, B and E. Tabs are diagrams that use these strings and then show which fret of that string has to be played. What note you have to play is something you'll have to figure out by listening. And lead is a part of the song which a lead guitarist plays, which in most cases is single notes rather than chord progresions.... So, tabs and leads are not the same neccessarily, because tabs can also be used to notate chords so therefore notating the rythem part. Hopefully, you'll understand what I mean. If you don
    t. Ask me anytime.....!! Happy New year to you and the Rest of the community Memebers Here..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!