Campus Rock Idols

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by tejas, Jul 31, 2004.

1. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

k, i went for this contest, here in indore...
    n man, PARIKRAMA kicked ass! :rock: ...they r just amazing. gr8 vocals n gr8 guitarist too, he went into a pretty long solo n broke the strings in btw..came again n played again! :nw:
    now i'm a big fan of them!
    parikrama :rockon:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Sonam Sherpa is their Guitaroist. .Very cool dude..

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

guys, this reminds me 6 / 7 yrs back , they use to perform at iit & for indo rock , they were fabulous from before that, parikrama did rocked from the begining....

who all are perform in this event ?

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

i know what u r talking abt bob...
    parikrama rocked IIT Madras 4 years back...awesome show...they always play the national anthem(rock version) and the guitarist goes for some seriously wild moves
    during this...
    hey why dont all u guys who r participating in campus rock idols tell us ur band names and other IGT members can catch u on TV????

5. bob-bobby

if i am not mistaken , parikrama started their career from iit , correct me if i am wrong ...

this i am talking way back 7 / 8 yrs .... i had attended the mood i that yr... when they had performed , they use to call it live wire , dun know abt now ,,,,

6. jayanth

I went for India Rocks.. Sonam stayed in a hotel where i stayed.. We talked and all. .cool guys.. THey still remember me and email me when they have gigs.. BTW its not their mailing list..

7. bob-bobby

are they gonna perform now in bbay , btw jay can you let me know if any rock show or event coming up somewhere around end oct / early nov , cos wud be in india that time and wud like to attend some .....

8. jayanth

Sure i always keep everyone posted..

9. bob-bobby

ne one from igt performing at rock idol ?

10. jayanth

We may be backing out of Rock Idols.. My Guitarist has come down with an injury to the knee.. If he is able to play we will.. He fell off the stairs.. Our Holy War dreams lie in him.. Hope he gets well soon..

11. bob-bobby

ne one else ?

12. tejas

tejas ..........

Sorry to hear that Jayanth.

I wanted to see the show but because of my stupid college i missed it. A couple of my friends went there and they said that the show rocked. "Native tongue" who were the only ones who played some classic rock like Zeppelin and Priest won. All the other bands played Black or Death metal and the judges were not very impressed. I know the former lead guitarist of native tongue, he is my friends cousin. He is awsome.

P.S: It is most likely that the winners will get a chance to open for Duran Duran who are scheduled to come here next year.

13. bob-bobby

which band u think has a chance to win n open for duran duran , btw when is he suppose to perform ?

14. tejas

tejas ..........

I don't know, if parikrama is in it, then all the other bands have got their work cut out for them. Native tongue are good, but parikrama is definitely better. But can't say.
    And who are you talking about, when you say "When is he supposed to perform"?
    I didn't understand.

15. jayanth

Parikrama is not a college band.. From bangalore only three bands are officially playing according to rules.. One such band is mine.. SO if we back out then only TWo bands qualify and they go straight to finals..

16. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

haha id love to see u guys play holy wars or hangar 18!

if u can that is!

17. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

i was at manipal for the regional,frankly the bands were pretty bad especially the aloysius band who r generally reputed.their vox tried to put on a fake death false voice that so su****!
    neways synapse was there and they did a gr8 job with a cover of refuse/resist[sepultura] and other nu metal covers