Cabinets in mumbai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deathdr_87, May 15, 2005.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

my friend is looking for a cabinet (2x12) in bombay...

decent quality...

hes ready to pay about 10-12k...

pls. post soon and lt me know if u get them in bbay...

i think theyre avaialbe at reynolds bangalore also - but im looking at bbay..

if nothing else then tell me about other places in india...

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

There's a PA company called BOSS. It's a local Indian one. They make pretty good speakers. I just checked cheir 1x12 and 2x12 cabinets yesterday. It cost Rs.1650 and Rs.3500 respectively. The stock speakers are really good but you could even replace it with Celestion if you had a budget of $200 more. I prefer this speakers more than Marshall MG15CD. Pretty powerful. I am even thinking of disposing my Marshall and getting this BOSS cabinets. I checked it in Bangalore though. Give it a shot at Mumbai. I will also check if I can get you a link.

3. deathdr_87

ya pls. get me a number or something - my friend is trying to get everything in bombay only - nothing to be ordered from outside - thanks (and everything should come rpeferably in 12k)

4. deathdr_87

ppl please reply - this is quite urgent and important

5. ronnieanand

Hi Death,
    I rang them BOSS people to get the Bombay contact details. It's called Mohan Radio Company and it's in Lamington Road. I am sorry I couldn't get further details like Phone Number or contact person or even where this Lamington Road is. If you already knew it, then it's great, else please look up the Yellow Pages for Mohan Radio Company in Lamington Road.

6. deathdr_87

thanks a lot... reps for the work.....

edit: sorry need to spread reps - cant give u any - its not eltting me

7. ronnieanand

So, you know that place Lamington Road.

8. deathdr_87

ya - every1 in bombay does

9. ronnieanand

Hey Death,
    Please give me your feedbacks after checking the speakers. I checked it for about 30 seconds only and I was impressed first shot. If it's really good, we could promote it within the group for people who are considering to buy speakers. As a first timer most of the guys are not well informed of the options available, so they go out and buy either a Stranger or a Marshall.

10. deathdr_87

im sorry - im not going - as i said its for a friend - hes an epxericend guitarist who uses a pod xt amp model.... thus he only wants a cabinet... he actually wanted to go for a stranger 80w - but i told him its better to go for a cabinet with good speakers...

hes going to go aand check it out - il ldefinitely let u know wat he says about them -hesthink of getting speakers from abraod though....

his opinion would generally be quite good...

11. ronnieanand

Cool. Even I have in my mind to get a nice pair of Celestion speakers and make a 2x12 cabinet. The amp sims are usually not very powerful. They just simulate the sound of a particular cabinet. I am not sure if it will have enough power to drive a large cabinet. If you use a small amp to drive a large speaker it will sound hollow. Amp sims are good for recording where the whole environment would be kind of emulated. I am not sure if it'd be good enough to be used for jamming sessions without the use of any other amplifier.

12. deathdr_87

so should i suggest that he go for an amp instead? he wants onewith a powerful speaker - as i said hes ready to spend about 12k - wat dyu sugegst - strangers are too crappy and powerful marshalls are too expensive...

13. ronnieanand

The BOSS cabinets are pretty powerful but you need good Amp Head to drive it. I dont know much about the Amp heads that are available here. Maybe you could give it a shot at Stranger Heads or even Boss Heads. Marshall Heads are EXPENSIVE. For cabinets, these are pretty good anyways. But he definitely needs a Head + Cabinet or a Combo. POD can only drive enough for recording purposes or to be used with headphones and cannot drive enough Power cabinets. If you are looking at Combo check out the MG50CD Combo or the Park Series 50W Marshall. Both are pretty powerful and might fight into your friend's budget.

14. deathdr_87

hm... ya....

12k? a 50 watt marshall combo? doubt it...

either ways ill ask him to check them out and ill get back to u

15. ronnieanand

I am not sure about the cost of MG50CD. Yesterday I checked out MG250CDFX in Bangalore. It cost Rs.20,000. It's pretty powerful and good enough even for gigs.

16. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

mg50DFX at bharat musicals delhi=17k ,lol ,check thier website
    and for 3k extra u get 250W marshall .wow!