buzzzz....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by CARLOS SANTANA, Dec 6, 2010.

1. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

aarghh!! im getting buzz on my 3,4,5,nd 6th strings b/w 1-9th fret approx,,,everything was fine before i got da strings changed from da shop..ne video links for its repairs are welcome..plz help..its annoying..very annoying..

2. deadnext

deadnext New Member

raise the bridge

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

You got different string gauges.
    Get truss rod adjusted (I *THINK*. Not sure.)

4. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

5. CARLOS SANTANA

@guitardoctor : no...dat didnt helped me...i went to change the strings..the problem must be with the diff gauges of the string as the bridge needs adjustment i guess wid diff gauges..
    --when i got my strings changed by da shop they raised the bridge very much...so i went to the shop from where i bought it(i was lazy to go der)..they kept da guitar for two days and lowered the bridge upto an extent but not parallel as it should be..they said they coudnt..after that b string started buzzing on every fret..super duper annoying..so i decided to take help of youtube..didnt get much of a help..saw soem spring adjustment n da back of da guitar..but i just loosened the strings nd tuned again nd got the bridge parallel...but now eadg buzzez on 123456789 frets...im annoyed coz i cant play my fav riffs..they sound aweful.. :/ :/ help

6. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

"Parallel as it should be"? Sounds like floating bridge issues... Thank God I am NOT getting one. For sure now...

Wait around for hundredth or flood to answer... I have no idea how to handle a floating bridge.

7. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Ah, no wonder. I was telling it from a fixed bridge perspective too :p:

8. CARLOS SANTANA

aah its a floating bridge.. :p :p ..watever ppl do something...or manage to sell my guitar if possible i'll get another.. without dis floating bridge...aargh!!

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Ah the joys of a floating bridge. With the change of string gauge you need to increase the tension on the tremolo springs to counterbalance the increased tension. I hope this is what you did when you fiddled with the back of the guitar. Once you've adjusted the tension to the right extent your bridge will be parallel to the body of the guitar.

Here's a gist of spring adjustment for a floating bridge. Look at your guitar from the side.
    1. Is the bridge slanting down towards the neck? If so, the string tension is too great and is pulling the bridge forward. Tighten the springs.
    2. Is the bridge slanting down towards the back of the body? If so, the string tension is less than the spring tension, and the springs are pulling the bridge backward. Loosen the springs.

Post pictures so that I don't have to rely on your grotesque spelling to understand what kind of bridge and what kind of problem it is.

Now if there's still string buzz on the first many frets after the springs have been adjusted as required, then if you actually understood the string buzz diagnostic process then you'll understand it's most likely low action. If your bridge has only 2 points for adjustment, just stick the hexagonal key into the one near the low E and turn it counter-clockwise to raise the bridge. If it has adjustments for individual strings raise each string.

Also, with the change in the string gauge, your intonation might have changed. I doubt you care right now, but let this be a future reference.

10. CARLOS SANTANA

@hundred : here r some pics...c if dey help..

Attached Files:

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My god, only one relevant picture and even that doesn't help (not clear at all).

Use the macro mode for closeup - or better still - take normal picture from a little far away.
    Magnify, crop and save the relevant bridge part.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My god, only one/two relevant pictures and even that doesn't help (not clear at all).

Use the macro mode for closeup - or better still - take normal picture from a little far away.
    Magnify, crop and save the relevant parts.