Buying the RG370DX but FROM WHERE ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by TheDevil, May 16, 2006.

1. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Hey ppl,
    Want to buy the RG370DX as soon as I can but wherever i go,im gettin absurd list prices like sumthing around 24-26K :eek:.Read In some threads that it was available in around bangalore or some place mumbai within 16-18k....where can i lay my hands on 1 ...Guyz plzz desperately wanting it soon coz if not soon enuff then my pop is straining me to upgrade my computer with the money ive kept with me.Its around 35k (saving some for the PODxt Live)....DMF etc,I even messaged u guyz but to no avail seems u people are too busy to reply a poor private message.Anywayz please help me out people ....N fast ;)
    Devil.

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

So Many Replies

Wow Such an encouraging Post :eek:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d, India sux.
    Get your guitar and POD from outside, preferably US, where there might be less chacnes of getting a bogus + you will get it cheaper also.
    LOL

And bugga, you think all the people on IGT are logged in 24/7? :mad:
    (Actually ppl on chit chat are, :RollLol:)

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^BUt wen u come back u'll have to pay customs. one of my friends payed 4000 bucks as customs for a BOSS ME -50

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

HOLY FU** 4000 Bux as custom ahahah rightly said India Sux :mad:...but untill I go Out or Immigrate or Go for a Tour .....Am I stuck with paying more for an axe....crap.BTW I read sumwhere death_dr or DMF one of the two about some shady shops in mumbai ......Hmmm thinking bout where those might be .

Anywayz thnx for replying ....was stuck with checking the thread every 1 hr n see not even a single reply..(gets frustrating u know ;)).Ur reply was a fresh change .

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Sorry dude, but thats the sorry state in India. Itll be tough getting a retail price. An outside shot might be getting one second hand.
    You could also get your friend, friend's friend, friend's cow's previous owner, anybody to get it for you from the states. As far as customs go, last I heard no charges for goods below 500$.
    You could also get a custom guitar made, some of the folks here have one.

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Hey listen you are in Bombay right. I suggest go down to albertos or Peter perrira and get a guitar made from them . Thier Quality is very good. And will beat the lower end guitars of the Big brand names. Also they wil make it excatly the way you want it, with a few exceptions like you may not get a flame or quilted maple top. Customs suck here I had to pay a bomb for my pickup last year.

8. justjay

justjay New Member

hey my rg370dx is just 3days old, im not happy with it, too heavy for me, do you wanna buy it, my price is 20k, no bargains.

9. justjay

justjay New Member

Rg 370dx For Sale

Its A 3days Old, This Guitars Too Heavy For Me As Im More Into Slow Rock. My Price Is 20k. No Bargain.

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

where can i meet u ??? message me ur number or address ....SOON :)

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

can they make sumthing like exactly what i tell them for eg ..if i tell them i want a JEM replica n sumthin like that....wud they be able to replicate the measurements n the Thin neck or wud they ask me to get a jem to them for measurements......oh n whus better alberto(khar) or peter (thane)

sum say peter charges too much and also delivers late......

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL A custom job is supposed to be more costly.
    You think turning out 6 guitars per month will be very profitable/lucratice otherwise?

Think of teh individual details and customization benefit that you are getting.

+ Late delivery is to be expected. These luthiers do not manufacture using an ISO certified assembly line.

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I have no personwel experence fisrt hand with Peter.. but I have played his guitars.. But I keep getting the same feed back ... He is slow... Albetos I have been to him for sevral guitar repairs...and also for my grand dads beloved violin.... Albertos is defintly more expensive, And Peter is cheaper... But honestly you pay for what you are getting....I dont mind the wait time considering you are getting a hand made guitar.....
    My only problem with petyer Perrira is that he is a bit fussy,( at least that is what I hear) things -- like I dont have this -- or take this--- I dont have the originalk Floyd--- I can use a Licensed Floyd ext ext.... But again as i said I dont have first hand experenxce with him.. Who is closer to you ? Albertos is in Malad by the way? Go to the guy who is closer....
    And yes they can both make it the way you want it... The only exception would be something like "A CARVED FLAME MAPLE TOP OR QUILTED TOP". They will give you carved maple tops however, and also can put a thin venner of Quilted maple or flame....
    Again Peter Perrira is cheaper then Albertos.... And i honestly tell you the wiat is worth it.... remmber you are buying a custom made guiatr not a guitar of the shelf.... PArts are not easy to get.. considering they are not available out here...and they have to get them from abroad.. again considering what you want... I think I once seen a Jem body style just carved out at ALBERTOS.... I think I have his phone no. :)

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Okok man CALM DOWN !...I dont mind paying anything for what its worth just that paying 8-10k more for sumthing which costs that much less sumwhere else couldnt be digested by me..

Ok so u mean that Ill only get any of these two finishes by both of them...k not a big deal considering ill get a guitar i want according to my instructions....thnx for enlightening me man ..pm me his number if u can also ill check peter out coz i live very close to Thane and wud be better if i visited him first....but even then finish wise and work quality wise who do you think worth it..

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Both are good....IMO....I have seen some realy crazy custom fininshes done by Albertos... like the Dimebag darell Bolts and the ZAK wylde fininsh....Some nice custom carvings on the top ( carvings you know like when you take chisel and carve wood)... The finishes on the Peter's guitars are aslo good and can stand up agaisnt any Branded company.. .. As I have said eariler I have no firsthand dealing with Peter.... But have played his guitar... Since I have been going often to albertos.. I have seen his guitars.... I am sure Peter Perira will also do some crazy fininshes... Infact I now remmber seeng a Nice Puprle finish guitar made by Peter Peirea !

17. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

K thnx for enlightening me yaar,Ill visit Peter by tomm & take the plunge as soon as I can..will keep Ull updated :)
    Thnx Jocelyn