buying online

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanjivdas, Dec 22, 2005.

1. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

guys, I am planning to buy a guitar online and have it delivered to a friend in US who then will carry it back. Have any of you bought guitars online from zzounds or musiciansfriends etc? What are you experiences? what do I have to look out for in terms of price, delivery etc (somethings that are not mentioned or maybe in fine print).

Help appreciated.

2. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey try music123 seems to be a nice place .. I know ppl who have got stuffs from there and are satisfied ......

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I BOUGHT FROM ZZOUNDS.. Its the fastest to deliver guitars.. Bought GT8 from MusiciansFriend.. there were quite fast too.. Both pack well.. Prices are competent..

See dude both prices generally match.. So dont worry about the price.. and delivery i have the original delivery case of Musicians Friend(a Good ol Carton with a lot of padding) for the GT8.. No hassles.. Will tell you about ZZOUNDS tomorrow when my bro arrives..

4. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

musiciansfriend is good .. ive heard good reviews from people who have bought from there .

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

But do they ship these days to address diffrent from the billing address ... as i know music123 and amazon do it ....

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Yes they do.. My bro got it shipped to his Office.. I got the Bill here..

7. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

AS far as I have heard Music123 is leading right now in service, price and delivery.

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Competent??? Did you mean competitive???

:nw:

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^ Ya.. Didnt want to stop my train of thought to correct that.. Sorry...

I dont know about music123.. Have had good experience with Musicians Friend and Zzounds.. MF gave me a 100$ coupon so i like them a little more.. ;)

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey..you said they ship to a different address than the one in your your credit card..I mailed the zzSounds support guys and they said that I need to register the shipping address with my credit card company first....

I have a colleague travelling to the US for a few weeks.how should I go about ordering using my credit card??Only music123 accepts PayPal but they sometimes do not have the stuff you are looking for...

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Just ask your friend to call him up.. I called up from here and convinced them that they can ship after they get my payment.. And they waited for me to pay and then called my bro up.. Simple..

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Okie..so they will charge me before shipping instead of their regular policy of billing after the order is shipped..cool..
    One more thing..I saw the Amazon site..they didnt mention any such restriction...prices were same..shud I go for the instead?

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Your wish.. See who can ship it to you faster.. My bro was in San Jose and Nevada was close.. So i got zzounds.. Last time around My aunt stays in NY so i got MF to ship it from NJ..

Amazon is obviously good.. So try if they do the same.. I had no problems as he had carried my Voter Id with him to prove that he is my bro and i had done a lot of Phone correspondance to get the deal thru.. Plus i know zzounds quite well thru Emails.. And they have sent me strings and stuff before..

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ahhh..in my case its just a colleague doing me a favour....looks like Amazon is the way to go..

15. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

well, i hd my guitar shipped from musiciansfriend.com, no prob,well packed and all, and good delivery time, i think they just take a few more days to verify the biling add if its not the same as the credit card one,the calling thing or registering the add at the credit card company might help but its not compulsory(check once please) and u dont have to pay any shipping on orders above $100(obviously ur guitar wud be charging that much)......also all sites are ok and what i remember is amazon gets music instruments shipped thru musicians friends only so its same ordering from either 2, it'll get 2 u from mf only........

16. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

zzounds is the best.

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@rammy..yeah Amazon gets the stuff from zzsounds,MF etc ..my problem was with the payment options..thats why I was considering Amazon..
    If these guys accept my credit card..nothing like it..:)

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^ NEbs go for it.. Amazong accepts Inlt CC so you can pay here and get it delivered there...

19. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Hey Amazon does not seem to have the Ibanez RG321MH that I am looking for. Should I go for zzounds or musicianfriends etc?

@Rammy >> Did you pay with your Indian credit card? I have HSBC and HDFC Bank International cards, guess they should work? zzounds however mentions clearly they accept cards issued by American banks, whats your experience?

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

For guitars zzounds is better.. They ship real fast.. For Amps , processors aetc MF is deadly..

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE..