Buying online from abroad

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ayu135, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I finally have the money to buy the bareknuckle pickup i was looking for. They have their own online store where they sell their pickups and they ship to india, so my question do i have to pay customs separately on delivery to the courier guy? Anyone with experience of buying online from stores outside india?

2. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Amazon is the best provided the seller ships it to India and includes duty. ebay.in has Global EasyBuy with pre-paid duty, otherwise you may have to pay duty to the courier guy (or go to the post office and pay).

3. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Get them from Sanyam (play floyd)... Last time I checked, he was providing a pair for just 14k... And that is an overwhelming price for BKPs...

It'll cost you a lot more the way you mentioned...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ayu, what you should be concerned about is the actual DELIVERY aspect.
    A lot of times thing get stuck at the customs / GPO / post office / courier office, and no one intimates you that you are supposed to show up at their office!

5. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Sigh, then play floyd is the way to go. But he is saying he cannot deliver it to me until january. :( i wanted it till like november end. Guess i have to wait until december 2nd-3rd week to order it. Then he'll deliver it to me in 10-15 more days.

6. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Hey guys I just came across this a few days ago:

Amazon.com Help: AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

This seems to be a great offer if I want to import light weight stuff like pedals and no international shipping costs over that...
    But they say that custom duties are still applicable... So will the duty be levied on stuff worth below 30k too??

7. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

yes, they charge the duty before hand, that 25k rule is i think when you bring that stuff along with you. For shipping you can have items below 5k marked as gift, then no duty is applied on those. But still amazon charges duty, but they then later reimburse it if not needed.