Buying musical instruments online - Please give your input ..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Super-Admin, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

If you were to buy Musical instruments online, what are the factors to keep in mind ? Currently where do you shop online and what kinda of gear do you buy online ?

Please put in your thoughts and lets make this an informative thread where we all can take leads from ...

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

my friend got a painkiller aftermath bridge pup for 6k paid 5k for shipping and duties
    some random guy bought agile interceptor pro 727 erg for 40k paid 20k as shipping and duties

i cant comment on bajaao

3. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

I think i'm the random guy who bought an agile for 55k! I got it from rondomusic.com.

And i've bought a lot of stuff from bajaao.com. I highly recommend them!

4. deepsal

deepsal New Member

so you were the one who posted the ad on bajaao's home page kya?

5. Shreddy

Yeah, looking to sell the Agile and the ESP Viper..

6. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for pitching in. Keep 'em coming.

7. Shreddy

I think furtados now has an online retailing service. I'd be interested to try that out considering they've been shipping equipment all over india since before i was born! But as a norm, i stick to Bajaao since they've never disappointed me in the 5 years that i've bought stuff from them.

As for international retailers, i've bought a guitar, processor and a couple of other things from ishibashi.co.jp . They're extremely fast and co-operative. Customs isn't too expensive since it comes via speed post. I recommend this method to anyone whose interested in picking up something that you can't find in India. Ishibashi is the way to go. For guitar parts and accessories, i've ordered stuff from guitarpartsdepot.com , they're pretty good too. For small parts and things, shipping isn't too expensive and i've never paid customs since they've always been under 200$. I've ordered a pickup from the bareknuckle store in the UK, it came very quick and without any hassle. You can try the AxePalace in the US too, for pickups and maybe even guitars? I've ordered a DiMarzio and BKP from there a while back, the owner is a great guy to deal with, his services are very personal and professional, so you don't have to worry about delayed times etc.

Hope that helps :)