Buying first guitar in Kolkata

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by new_kid, Jul 12, 2009.

1. new_kid

new_kid New Member

Hello,

I just browsed through some old threads but I guess I am the only person with such a peculiar problem.

I have never even touched a guitar before. Listened to a friend play and I want to learn it now.

My cousin can play guitar and she's coming at my home for a few weeks at the end of July. She will teach me. She just told me to buy a classical guitar but did not specify anything else.

I even forgot to ask her!

Also, I was thinking whether I should go for an electric guitar because I like Avril Lavigne's songs but I also like AR Rahman's music. I am confused.

So please tell me how I should buy a guitar? I mean do I just go and tell the shop keeper to hand me something? I have NEVER even strummed a guitar and so, the whole "Strum the chords" doesn't help me!

I live in South Kolkata. So, if you can actually tell me some good store's name and address and better still, a model number along with it, it would make my day!

Also, I have heard that guitar chords can hurt fingers but I want soft chords because my hands are very soft.

Btw, my budget is max 2k. Also, no one who knows how to play guitar will be going with me...what do I do?

2. arya809

arya809 New Member

Hi, I guess i can help u out. I learned and used to play with friends in pune but now i live in dhanbad. I have to come to kolkata to buy new guitars and accesories. I did find some addresses of shops, and furtados is always there. I am experienced guitarist and currently have both electric and acoustic guitars, but have to buy one classical for me and another acoustic one for my cousin.
    As it is i was looking forward to go to kolkata, now we both can go shopping, and i can find the perfect guitar for u. Reply if interested.