Buying an electric in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by talonx, Mar 16, 2008.

1. talonx

talonx New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm thinking of buying an electric guitar after playing an acoustic for some time. I live in Hyderabad (India) - and the stores here have a pretty limited choice - so could anybody give me some tips on the best places here to buy one from? Musee Musicals seemed to be a good place.
    Also, I'm a bit confused about which one to buy - my budget is around 12 k (without the amp). I tried out some guitars last week... there was a Greg Bennett AV1 - it sounded ok...I did check out some other brands like Ibanez and Yamaha also...
    What would you recommend? My playing skills are quite average right now :)

Thanks in advance for replies.

2. Guntur Blues

Guntur Blues New Member

Hi

Dear Talonx

If you want to purchase an Eltric guitar the best place would be Musee Musicals in Chennai,I have been to Muse Musi in hyd,was very unimpressed about poor maintenance ,people not experienced to tell you or advise you.Some guitars suck,you will notice that some guitars are actually broken at the neck bcos they dont loosen them,I pointed thid out to them the last time.people actulayy buy these without noticing.Anyway my advise would be chennai,Its an excellent place,though busy.guitarists work there so u neednt worry about choice or selection.

If u are a beginner,any electric guitar is the same,if u are an amateur then u know better than me.

Personally my favorite is an Ibanez and yamaha though I am not sure of theprice.I f u are into blues and other music,Ibanez is the best.I own one.
    Otherwise yamaha is fanta\stic,Ihave played yamaha before!!!

Line 6 Amp are worth trying,they come with presets(clean crunch,metal and Insane)so it sfun.

Hope that was helpful..

Sri

3. talonx

talonx New Member

Hello Sri,
    Thanks a lot...that was very helpful. Though I don't think its possible for me to go to Chennai in the near future, and I want the guitar pretty bad :) ...of course there's no point in buying bad stuff, so I'll look around a bit more.
    Thanks for the info about the amp.

- talonx