Buying an electric guitar in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by thecoolone, Jul 16, 2005.

1. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

hey all bangalore guys, im gonna buy an elec guitar soon and would like to knw which musical shops in bangalore are reasonable and offer quality products ??

reynolds is out of the question ...
    what abt premson and shiva ?? which one's better and priced right ?

hope to get some valuable info.

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Wat guitar are u lookin for and where are you put up in bangalore. Whats your budget?

3. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

im lookin for a guitar within the range of 5k-7k. im gonna use it mostly to play heavy metal kinda stuff and hard rock . so which guitar should i opt for ?
    im put up in frazer town

P.S: can a LP guitar also be used to play heavy metal ??

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Then visit Rhyhtms musicals near Brigade Road.

5. andystringer83

andystringer83 New Member

Trust me on this one. ALL GUITAR STORE'S HERE IN BANGALORE SUCK BIG TIME !!!!!

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

any guitar with a humbucker can be used to paly metal...

some ppl prefer ianez/esp for metal music ut there are lots of good artists who use lps and strats for emtal... u need a humbucker though....

now looking at ur budget - starts and lps are out of the question... in 6k u can get a java guitar... in 8k u can get a johnson imitation strat... u can also try for a tulasi or g b & a (not sure of this name)... contact ronnieanand or someone else who has used these guitars...
    i dont know the prices of washburn guitars but im sure that something is available in ur price range...

other than that theres second hand guitars available... when ur going for an electric in the range of 5-7k i suggest u go for a second hand only....

7. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Agree with Andy. Bangalore musical shops burn a big hole in ur purse. They are really good at cheating newbies. Reynolds asked me 30K for an Ibanez GRX all rusted. Infact when I was trying out a guitar the guy walks up and takes away the guitar from me saying enough. Thanks to this forum I knew better than to give them 30k. Rhythms is slightly better. Must Bargain. They also quote higher prices.