buying acoustic guitar in Kolkata?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rocknam, Jan 27, 2008.

1. rocknam

rocknam New Member

Hi i'm in kolkata . ...still learning to play the guitar . . . . I want to buy a good acoustic guitar. Budget is Rs 3000-3500. I don't want a Jumbo or a F-cut , should be good at chords as well as lead.... As I understand I can get a good Hobner cutway for about 3500. Are hobners any good. Or should I try getting a Yamaha or Gb&A. I can go up to Rs.4000. I need a capo as well. How much does that cost?

And which store is the best ? Braganza's or the Signature showroom in Kalighat. Also I don't have a Pro guitarist going with me to buy one. Will that be a problem? Please help me guys cause I'm very confused..........

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

get the yamaha or the Gb&a dont buy hobner

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

if you can increase your budget a little more(about 6k) you can get a very nice yamaha f210, pretty amazing for the price...semi-acoustic

4. rocknam

rocknam New Member

hey what do u mean by semi acoustic? would it be an electric acoustic . . . .and whats the difference between the Hobner and the Yamaha sound ? is it worth spending 2500 more

5. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Get a Signature or a Pluto.

6. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

yes, yamaha is much better..a semi-acoustic is one which has a pickup in it, the f210 also has a tone and volume control..very useful.

and NO, a acoustic guitar plugged in will NOT sound like an electric guitar, just an amplified acoustic guitar.

7. rocknam

rocknam New Member

Raj I do not plan to buy an amplifier with the acoustic guitar. I will surely try to buy the Yamaha. Where can I get it for a good price .....anyone stayin in Kolkata would know. Also since I don't have an amplifier, will the pick-up be of any use huh

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Try Signature

9. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

even if you don't have an amplifier, it can be of use in gigs that you play in future...and these guitars are made to last pretty well, my friend has one which is atleast 2 years old and it still plays as good as new, if not better, since the wood wears in nicely on these guitars. Thats what the higher price tag is for. New, they're all similar, negligible difference, but in the long run all your Pluto, Givson etc get screwed.

10. rocknam

rocknam New Member

hey thanks for the information. i will go to Braganza or the Signature showroon and find out what they have.....hopefully it fits my budget....

11. souvik.maitra

souvik.maitra New Member

Guiter Selection

Hi, Everyone I am Souvik. I am a beginner. I will join my Guitar class from next month. Can u please tell me which Guitar will be proper for me.