buying a washburn guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sheeghra, Mar 5, 2005.

1. sheeghra

sheeghra New Member

HI,
    I am from New Delhi, India,and an amateur guitarist.

I am looking forward to buy a decent looking and great voice quality guitar. I recently saw a washburn at a music store in Lajpat Nagar, but am not too sure whether I'm getting genuine quality or genuine cost.

I am looking for an acoustic guitar- without pick ups. And I think I'd rather prefer a branded guitar- like fender, gibson, washburn, etc.

I do not think too much about the chinese make guitars, though the sound quality seems kind of ok.. the material does not seem too impressive...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. atulansaha

atulansaha New Member

there is re a couple of music shops on lajpat nagar, but i suggest that u also try out Darya Ganj...the name of the shop is Bhargava Music House/place. they have a good collection and the prices seem to be fair. just give them a try.

All the best

Atulan

3. sheeghra

sheeghra New Member

Thanks Atulan...
    Will try Bhargava...

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

try a yamaha acoustic - awesome quality.... its way better than most other makes.... (im sure im going to draw some flak for this)

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

No, the Yamaha is Good

I agree, the yamaha is good. I have a F310, I picked it up in London, and it was there for a year and now in India for more than a year, and absolutely no problems with the guitar. Very nice tone and all, but the top could have been better.

Thats where I have started liking budget guitars like GB&A, for 4.5 K in Bangalore you get one which is as good as the F310.

And buddy, almost everything in this world is now made in China. Not like they make cheap stuff only, you pay more and you get quality too. You don't want to pay more, you get cheap ones as well. and they are not necessarily cheap because of cheaper material, more so due to lower labour costs and higher volumes.

and yes, Darya Ganj shops will give you a better deal. You can haggle with them :)

6. Devain2000

Devain2000 New Member

Call me dude.

Hey dude call me on my mobile 9313177472. I have original Washburn guitar and i want to sale it bcoz i want to buy professional guitar. The price of my guitar is 5500. If u would like to see my guitar call me ok.

7. Devain2000

Devain2000 New Member

Hey dude call me on my mobile 9313177472. I have original Washburn guitar and i want to sale it bcoz i want to buy professional guitar. The price of my guitar is 5500. If u would like to see my guitar call me ok.