Buying a wah through music123.com

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Apr 17, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

I am buying a wah through music123.com . Its going to be either one of the following:

1. VOX V847 Wah Wah Pedal
    2. Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah Pedal

I want an opinion about:

1. Which one to buy?

2. Is tit safe to import that stuff? I mean will it reach me safely or can it get lost?

3. How much is the responsibility of music123.com?

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

No clue about the VOX but I do have a dunlop GCB95. It's cool except I find it a tad on the brighter side. Ends up sounding thin but its extremely responsive. Mine might be tone sucking. I have'nt yet checked it out yet but I'll need to either stick a buffer in front of it or mod the pedal itself...(don't you just love the internet :) ....Not sure how it compares to the classic or the Vox

The Vox is a real looker though

Oh I wouldn't worry about it getting here. But I feel you'll pay quite a bit for shipping considering a die-cast shell. Depending on the carrier they use you may have the option to insure your cargo in which case they take resposibility to get it to you. You pay for it though.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Get the vox you wont be sorry...I think music123 ships through UPS internationally so it's safer than USPS but it'd b best to get the best shipping option with insurance just to be safe....you cant trust the people at customs here...i lost a line6 pedal like that.

On another note...if you buy it through music123 have it shipped and pay import tax on it the cost of the vox comes up to the same as the one in bajaao.
    You might wanna get something along with it that wont affect the shipping much like cables or accessories you dont get here otherwise might as well buy from bajaao.

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

tell us about that Line6, what happened?

I've used USPS. They do have tracking but no insurance. The cool thing about it is the package comes to the post/ems office, not airport customs. That office being smaller, its less likely they'll lose something and sshhh...the post master will gladly stick his hand out under the table. No paperwork and less paper shelled.

But if you're scared about losing it, go with UPS

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Well i bought a Line6 Guitarport through ebay...everything was fine through the ebay store...the guy was very helpful. I got it shipped through USPS but not the premium service. The thing is that the option i chose for meant that it was guaranteed till it got to india (which it did) then transfers to NORMAL POST at the airport...i'm guessing someone must have flicked it at the airport itself. If i'd have chosen something like EMS instead of USPS Global it would have transfered to registered post and i would have got it.

I went to the head post office near brigade road to ask about it. the guy said if they receive it they send it as normal post or if there was some import duty involved they'd contact me and let me know..he said it kinda suspiciously though cant rule out that he had something to do with it.

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Aaargh, Sorry to hear that man, but yeah, at least registered post...no accountability otherwise

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ishibashi ftw! and vox ftw! and ems ftw!

8. loyal

loyal New Member

1. Vox V847
    2. Go for some secure shipping ( registered post/courier service with a tracking number ).
    3. well can't say ( if it is available at bajaao pick it from them atleast the shipping is within india, do check the tax and shipping and handling charges from music123 if the difference is not much might as well buy it from bajaao, also check for warranty and post sales support ).