Buying a V Shaped Jackson Tulsi Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rcmaiden, Oct 18, 2005.

1. rcmaiden

rcmaiden New Member

hey guys,
    i'm a new member. jus joined today. well i'm from chennai
    and i've heard a lot abt this tulsi guy. even my guitar teacher
    says that guy is really good. i'm now plannin to a buy a guitar
    from him. i initially thought of buyin a V shaped jackson but realized
    that is like way out of my budget. so i thought of goin to tulsi.
    gimme an idea of how much a V shape guitar will cost.
    sid

2. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

Well First of All .. Welcome to IGT .. hope u will have a blast spending your time here, You will find everything here whatch your looking for starting from understanding guitar tabs to How Professionals Do.
    As far as V shaped guitar is concernd i did the same thing i didn't knew how to play guitar and i bought V shaped straight up and i ending up not to play with it cuz : A : its very hard to handle cuz of its shape if u know what i mean
    : B : You don't wanna spend alot for a newguitar and coundlt handle it the way it should be.
    i bought ma Flying V for $589.77 .. but in ma country " Pakistan " one can get a Flying V for 8 to 9,000 Rs.
    so what i recommend u is to buy a normal jackson or fender or whatever u can get your hands on .. play with it have fun with it learn as much as u can then buy your desired guitar.

Good to have you here.
    Regards.

3. rcmaiden

rcmaiden New Member

hey ok,
    thanx man
    regards

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ask nebuchadnezzar or rechts....they both stay in chennai and know tulsi very well too...infatc ,, nebu made a prs copy from tulsi!

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Nebu is in Bangalore now. He has a PRS copy made from Tulasi. I have a Les Paul copy made from Tulasi too :p: . But mine has DiMarzio pickups Norton in the Bridge and PAF Pro in the neck.

Tulasi Electric Guitar with Non Floyd Rose Bridge and dotted inlays will cost Rs.8500 I guess. Inlays and Floyd Rose charges are extra. I guess the price is the same irrespective of the shape.

By the way this Flying V, Explorer and stuffs like that are good to look at but not comfortable to play with. A decent strat shape or a super strat shape like Ibanez is the most comfortable to hold and play. More than looks, you need a comfortable guitar to play with.

@rcmaiden, change the title of your post. It's really stupid to have a title "Hey" when you are asking for a help about your gear.

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@ronnie - is it possible to change the inlays of a guitar to the ones like the limp bizkit's bassist....who has inlays which glow in dark?..is it avaialable at tulsi?

7. ronnieanand

No. It's not available with Tulasi. But you can get those inlays from the US and get them fixed in your guitar.

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

DMan you rockin ...
    just get those glowy "stick 'em ons"

u can get them at your local stationary shop ...

9. rcmaiden

rcmaiden New Member

thanx ronnie,
    well abt the pick-ups, which do u think is the best!!!
    like i know duncans r the really good but any other
    option apart from that........!!!

10. ronnieanand

No idea about Seymour Duncans. I have used Bill Lawrence and DiMarzios. One thing I noticed is all replacement pickups from good companies sound good, have nice clarity. Tonally they differ and liking some tone is totally an individual taste.
    Check out any popular pickup from DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan and it would be nice.

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

BILL LAWRENCE PICKUPS n DUNCANS RULE! :nw:

12. ronnieanand

DiMarzios are nothing less. Just the taste differs. I use this DiMarzio Norton and DiMarzi PAF Pro and these pickups really rock.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

all kids here

Givson stock pickups rock :rock:

:nw: Givson :nw:

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ what crap...i hate the pickups used in blue diamonds!

16. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

:shock:
    dude he was being sarcastic

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

ahem......
    what crap...the blue diamond has the best pups giVson has 2 offer .>>!!!!! esp..the humbucker in it !

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

okie okie okie .....however....thats just MY opinion!:p:

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

TULSI is good ... and i think his work is good ....BUT ...
    One thing i didnt like much about TULSI .. is he trys to prove what he has is the best ..
    And no idea if he does this to make more sales ..
    He Told me Active pickups are waste .. No use ..... its just a pre amp in the pick up ..
    But this is what it is ...(fact)....
    The preamplifier used inside each EMG Pickup is no ordinary preamp. Built directly into each pickup, the preamp is an integral part of the pickup design assuring quality of sound performance, incredible noise reduction, and simplicity in installation. It provides a variety of benefits for us as the designer and for you as the player. A natural by-product of the preamp is gain. It allows us to design a pickup for its particular tone without concern for the pickup's output. After the coils have been modeled, any amount of output needed is available from the preamp.

He claimed his pickups are better than Dimarzio ...

20. ronnieanand

Active pickups are still only onboard Pre-amp. Doesn't give you anything special except that you can drive you amp harder. Infact even the famous EMG 81s and 85s are voiced Flat and have not much tonal variations. Unless you are a guy with multiple guitars for doing a lot of things, relying on popular pickups are a waste. Rather you could go for mroe versatile like Seymour Duncan JB which suits a lot of variety of music. Even the PAF Pro for that matter is pretty versataile. Wait till you play one active pickup and then you will dreams of active pickups will come down.
    You could always use a Clean Boost before your amp to drive even harder which gives you even more control. This active pickups give you some amount of gain which you dont have much control like a special gain knob and level knob and things like that.

The reason he says that his stuffs are the best is maybe because he's very happy and passionate about his work. Whatever you might say I say that my homebrewed amp which I am using is the best Solid State Amp I have used so far. I keep calling this Marshall MG a toy too if you reckon. So there's nothing to crib about here.