Buying a TAYLOR GS mini

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Jun 10, 2012.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi friends,

After a lot of guitar trying I felt the GS mini was the best & hence I am buying a Taylor GS Mini from Mumbai within next 15 days... Any suggestions welcomed...

Thanks.

2. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hey, No Reviews???

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

People here don't buy Taylor and Martins man. You've been here for so long and still expect reviews?
    aryasridhar have a Taylor maybe you can contact him and ask his opinion. It's better to find reviews on other forums as well.
    Do let us know when you buy it. Good Luck !

4. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Hey Ricky,

I had a word with Dev, IIRC he already placed an order for the GS MINI, not sure if he got it yet though...

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

The Epiphone Dove & Humming Bird would be worth trying out as well if you haven't already. With the GS Mini make sure it has the Sitka Spruce Top preferably or the Mahogany Top instead of the laminated top.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Yes i was about to recommend the same guitar but since he had already decided to go with the Taylor and he just wanted the reviews i dint recommend. Epiphone has some really good guitars and much less expensive than the rest.

7. henrynh

henrynh New Member

:beer:

I made a mistake above. I use image blocker on my browser, so the pic of the guy on the skate board didn't show up on Taylor's website. The specs hardly mentioned anything specific, so I thought the it comes in solid & ply variants. So the good news is that they don't use ply(laminate) for the Top, I checked most of their other model specs too & couldn't find any use of ply on top.

The price is a bit too high I think imo, the body shape is small, so less wood there & no pickups should bring the price down in the 25k range instead of 45k. Unless the spruce top is of premium quality as their higher end acoustics, it seems a bit overpriced compared to the big baby/baby model(?) they make.

I wouldn't have replied if I'd seen the date of the OP. It seems that he already has placed an order for one, so hopefully a review directly from TS would be cool if he has received it yet.

I like the higher end Epiphone acoustics too, they don't skimp out on the wood & the price is also very good. I do not like their finish though, but can't expect something grand either for the price they retail.

8. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hey guys!!! I got it already 20days back, but had no time posting the pics... Only 3 words can explain it - "Sweet Little Thing!!!"
    It's very sweet, resonance is just very very good... Volumes loud... Ya, may be the price is hyped... As even thought by my family... They were expecting something rocket shaped guitar that would do some miracles with a very tangy shape & electronics... But what they saw was a little acoustic.!!! The best reaction was "What difference it has from this Signature Guitar (which costed 3k)? Both look the same!!" And I had nothing to say to them... Hopefully time will say it... Uploading the pics...

9. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Sweetness ... How bout posting some sound clips which can help people(including your family) to compare how different it sounds from the signature guitar?

11. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya sure... When I get some "sweet" time...

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

And it's Maharashtra, India and not India, Maharashtra :p:

13. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

HA HA HA!!! Good Observation...

14. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Changed it...

15. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

16. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Congrats Dude!!!!!!! have a blast......

17. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thank you all...

18. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

And thank you IGT for making me choose such a beautiful guitar...