buying a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by samarthgupta, Jun 18, 2008.

1. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

why against tremolo

icant really understand why ppl are against tremolo.......is there any particular reason behind it????? i'll see AV in delhi.......why not grg??????? actually it falls in my budget

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

the tremelo on the grg is not what you call "fantastic".......experience has taught me that...........but the sound is good.....

the 321 is the best you can get........

cheers!
    :beer:
    :drunk:

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

theres is nothing wrong with getting a regular tremolo on a low end guitar as long as you dont plan on using it...i used a floyd rose guitar for about a year (it was a friends guitar so i had no choice) and i never used the tremolo on it.

I know a lot of people who havr bought floyd rose bridge and never use it...so, a note to newbies; Dont buy a floyd rose guitar unless you are absolutly sure you are gonna use it.

4. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

Thanks

thanks so much guys out there./......u guys are quite helpfull.............i have gone thru all ur suggestions and will finally decide my guitar in the showroom itself...........thanks guys.........

5. eldrichr

eldrichr New Member

a guitar with a tremolo is a pain to tune as it takes ages and can be frustrating to a newbie. sorry for misinterpreting you, but do take someone along with you while doing the buying.

as for the tremolo on the gio series, it is frankly, outdated and terrible. does a lousy job of keeping the strings in tune. a doulble locking tremolo is a viable solution but , again ,is a pain to tune and maintain. i'd say stick with the fixed bridge.

and check the neck joint on the avion. i hope theyr'e not bolt on necks. those are not too great, i can tell you from experience

6. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

i bought the GSZ120......its quite good....and i loved the sound it creates........it has no tremolo....as you told its quite a pain.........the neck is smooth.....and it has two humbuckers....loved it man .....ibanez rox!!

7. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

Humming!!!!!!!

hey man.....iam facing the same problem which u faced..........i read ur post but couldnt make out the solution..........and i find no solution ....please help...........as soon as i touch the strings the noise vanishes..........how the hell to earth??

8. eldrichr

eldrichr New Member

umm post in the correct thread please!

9. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

Ok!!

ok................