Buying a guitar in mumbai...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambuj, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

ok... I went to Bhargava's yesterday to check out some guitars... this is what they offered me

Ibanez
    GRX-20: Rs. 10,000
    GRX-40: Rs. 11,500
    GRG-150: Rs. 11,700
    GRG-170: Rs. 12,500

Amps:
    Marshall mg10: Rs.3370
    Marshall mg15cd: Rs.5090
    Marshall mg15cdr: Rs. 5700
    stranger 20: Rs. 2800
    Stranger 40: Rs. 5500

He also showed me a fender squire piece(some fsa60, I think, for Rs.11,900). Though I've read very bad reviews for squires on this site, I actually liked the clean tone the guitar gave.

My budget is around 15k... can anyone make any suggestions as to what I should buy? I'm looking for a guitar that is pretty versatile... though I'll be playing mostly metal and rock, I want something that can play pop and hindi music too... please help

Bhargava's didn't have gb&a... anyone know where I can get these? Also, is there any difference in buying a guitar from furtados and bhargava's?

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr It seems that guitarz are very cheap in India, I can't believe the above price list.... I'll go the the market tomorrow and will compare the prices in pakistan....

3. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

they are overpriced in India as compared to the US .
    chk out the exact models which ambuj has put up and their prices ..
    then we'll do the indian to pak rupee exchange and figure out how the prices stand in both countries

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

GRG-170 costs that much???!!!! Goddamn, i got a RG370DX for that price here, it's pure robbery.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

bhargavas are costly but there have good variety in what they deal!

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@disturbed - UR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hows college and pre-med??????

btw - rg370dx in us costs approx 16-18k

7. deathdr_87

price wise - no - furtados and bahrgavas are almsot tthe same...

ok for one - u need to give an approx range of budget - form wat uve psoted- ill take itr as rs. 18k. so now think of it this way:

i want u to go to furtados on a day when u have 6-7 free hours.

tell them to bring out the amp u want - marshall or wtv.. (i think u should spend the extra and get the mg15cdr - go secondhand if u dont want to apy that much.)

now try the follwoing guitars:
    ibanez grg 170
    yamaha pacifica (itihnk 112 -not sure)
    washburn (the one for 9k)
    johnson imitation strat (8-9k)
    askfor epiphone lp -they 99% wont have it
    then try for a yamaha rgx series
    try the samick (the blue one on the rack with the fr type lcoking system)

play each for atleast 40 mins - shortlist the ones u like and play those 2-3 again for an additional 30 mins each. then post here wat u liked etc... ppl here will give their opinion...

if u reallly want a processor - i normally wouldnt advise azoom but i think thats all u cna get inur budget... try to get that from abroad...

8. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

hmmm.. thanks deathdr, i think i'll go to furtados today... what do you think of the fender squire(fsa60 for 11900 bucks)
    are there any other good shops besides furtados and bahrgava's?

9. deathdr_87

squiers are quite bad - u get better stuff at the same price range from yamaha, ibanez, washburn, etc... i dont know of any good reputable stores other than these 2.. i know the guy at bhargavas metro decently well - so u let me know if u want to go there to pickup an ibanez...