Buying 1st electric guitar....need help..!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kenny92, Feb 15, 2011.

1. theghost

theghost New Member

^awesome tones u got there but ur playing doesnt do justice :)

2. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

G bennett is pretty amazing in the lower end price range, I'm not sure how good it will be in the ~25k range, good definitely, not sure how good compared to competitors. the guitars are built in indonesia so they're a lot cheaper here than compared to US imports. Anyone have any idea how come an AV7 is cheaper than an AV6?

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Wat did you do when you first picked up your guitar? Did you knew what chords and notes and scales are? NO.. then you must have seen some chords patterns and started learning.. after some time you became capable of finding out the chords/notes/scales/modes just by listening to a song which was difficult task initially..
    Effects and how they are tweaked is very difficult to make out just *by listening*. For me they still are(your ears may be better than mine). There's a lot of learning to follow. You'll know slowly and gradually..my two cents!

4. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Woah....Holy F*********k.....F********kin awsome amp dude..!!
    Just need to work on your string bending...rest sounds great..!...amazing f*****kin distortion...!!
    And Avion AV6 has Duncan Design pickups(its like the Epiphone of Seymour Duncans)....but they sound good so maybe that's why its more expensive than AV7...but all the same i wanna try it out and compare it to a Strat....but i'm doubting that the AV6 will match up to the Strat...!!

5. gamebore

gamebore New Member

Hey. . .Regarding the Laney cub 10. . .it is an amazing amp. . .i can vouch for that. . Go for it. . .for any kinda music. . .u will not be disappointed. . .amazing amp. . .Get an avion. . or yamaha pacifica for that matter. . You will fall in love at first sight. . .i guarantee that..

Cheers. .

6. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Well...i dont think i wanna go for yamaha in any case...
    I won't be having this sorta budget again so i wanna go for the best guitar that i can afford and not hold back cause i'll regret it later. I played a fender and fell in love with it at first sight(or sound). But i wanna know more about the Avion just to test the possibilities. As far as the amp is concerned im still kinda confused b/w Laney Cub-10 and Fender Mustang 2 with the fender more favourable just because its 40W. But then Laney is better at sound with the all-tube factor.

7. gamebore

gamebore New Member

In that case Fender wins hands down. Avions are good, but in completely different league. You need to make up your mind what kinda pickups you want to play on, humbucker or single coils. I would also suggest you look into PRS guitar. Very good quality.

Laney's better sounding for sure. It only makes sense to purchase a better sounding rig as you're planning to buy the guitar on the same basis(better sounding).

Cheers.

8. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Don't you think a PRS is "WAYYYYYY" out of my league?

Laney CUB 10 has amazing sound but is a bit weak in power and features(not even a head-phones jack). So that's why i think that the Fender Mustang gives it a good run for the money.

9. gamebore

gamebore New Member

In that case, so is the Mexican strat. Last i checked, some PRS guitars are in the same price bracket as the Fender Mexican strat. In that case, you'll need to increase your budget my friend. Go check bajaao.com for reference.

Well if you're looking for "power" and "headphone jack", quit comparing the two.

Compare the Mustang with a Vox ad30vt or Roland cube 30 for that matter. But then again, you'll have already increased your budget.

10. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Fender Strat is 39k in India and about 24-25k online(check GC or Music123). So i'm having a relative bring it over from abroad which leaves me with almost 15k for the amp.

Everyone buys stuff according to their specification right? I play a lot in the night and headphones jack comes in handy if u don't wanna get evicted. According to your situation maybe the Laney CUB 10 is more ideal but it differs from person to person. Its a great sounding all tube amp but its just not what i need.

11. musicpeeps

musicpeeps New Member

40K Les Paul

Hi I found where to buy a 40K Les Paul =) visit this site manila dot olx dot com.ph/gibson-les-paul-model-epiphone-40k-only-iid-8754738[/url] The finish on a guitar (in this case, Sunburst) has nothing to do with the sound. That said, a Gibson Les Paul in the hands of someone who knows how to play can be used for any music you'd care to play on it. Bear in mind the amps, settings, and effects you elect to use will have as much or more to do with the sound you generate than the guitar.

12. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

40K for "Gibson" Les Paul? Are you sure? Must be a very very low end model.

13. gamebore

gamebore New Member

Cool. . .

And that's why i suggested you not to compare the two as laney would not fulfill your Specifications, and vox & roland will. Never tried to force you to buy the cub, infact the opposite.

Cheers and have fun.

14. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

K. I'm goin with the Mustang then.

15. Saju

Saju New Member

Wash Burn Guitar Is Best Option
    log on To "stringzguitar" channel in Youtube to See The qlty

16. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

I don't think u'll get spares for a washburn guitar at any place in Delhi. They ain't that popular yet.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

:RollLol: hahaha :RollLol: spares for guitar :RollLol: .. wat is that?

18. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

A friend of mine has been playing for about 6 years. He has an Epiphone Double neck and the bridge pickup of the 12 string neck malfunctioned. He couldn't get a spare so he had to replace it with a cheaper humbucker. Laugh all you want dude but i ain't taking any chances. I love strats and would like to keep mine in a mint condition.

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Thats because he dint got a 12 string humbucker.. Not because of his Epiphone.. Have you ever seen an Ibanez servicestation? All guitars are same..and serviced almost in a similar fashion..

20. kenny92

kenny92 New Member

Isn't it the same thing? Epiphone makes the humbucker for the double neck and they are not sold here. So he had to suffer cause it was an Epiphone.

Service station? That's a first. Even for fender? So even if i get a new strat with a bad setup then i can go to a service station and have it corrected?