Buy Hobner 265 Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by astrowiz, Jan 26, 2005.

1. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

HI Guys,
    I am a beginner and am going to buy my first guitar (I have been practising on my friend's guitar - basic stuff ) this weekend.
    I digged through all the discussions on this site about the best beginner guitar and I have made the choice to buy Hobner 265 Acoustic.

But could someone pls tell me how much would I get it for in Delhi ? I want to buy it from a reputed shop lest I get a duplicate - I am thinking about New Bharat Music Shop (Lajpat Nagar). :think:
    Moreover could I expect the salesman to bundle some things (case, strings, plectrums, etc) with the guitar for that price ?
    Will I have to do bargaining (is it prevelant in guitar buying/selling) ? :confused:

Also as I have decided the model, what to look for when I am choosing the piece (what to check, etc..) ?

PlZ Help... :please:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Any discussions regarding Guitar gear should be posted in the Guitar Gear Talk Forum. Thread will be moved.
    Back to topic, i'm sure someone will help you regarding the place to buy, but i'll give you some piece of advice that's prevalent anywhere. Always bargain with the salesman, you can say that since you're buying both the guitar and case, he should give you some discount/or a new set of strings or plectrums equal to that amount of discount. Also, the things to check are the neck, the tuners, strings, sound, playability and all. Hope this helps. Please ask if you require any more help.

3. Kobain

Kobain New Member

hmm....
    this was me a few days ago...
    well the following points should be the highlights while buying...
    1. play for comfort...while buying if possi try to tune the guitar if u know how and play some thing or jus strum on.. ...if u don't know how to tune ask the salesperson...but try playin all the pieces

2. compare... compare the sound produced by each...go for a guitar which sustains the sound...

3. Action ..... by action i mean the action of ure left hand finger to press down the strings...see that the action ain't high...normally all guitars will have an adjustable action but inquire anyways...and see that u dnt have to make lots of efforts in pressing even the 6th string down behind the frets...
    coz while continuous playing ure fingers will tire soon....

4. try to gt a tuner assuming u r a beginner...

5. Looks matter man.... So gt a decent guitar...but this is secondary...

6. see that the sounds produced or full and nor interupted...also check for vibrations..

7. go for a guitar that u think will bcome a part of u...and have fun

:rockon:

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^very well said.

also look out dat the guitar doesnt making any buzzing sound. assuming u have learnd some chords.....try to play them.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

never go on the label/brand...
    never go on the cosmetics....
    never take anything said by the salesman for granted...

6. Soulforged

Soulforged New Member

New Bharat Music Store at Lajpat Nagar is your best bet for quality instruments in Delhi.

7. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Yes Bharat Music is good bet in Delhi u can try a few Shops in Darya Gung & Bhatia Musical guy is nice too he has shop in Gurgaon one South Delhi Also I cant recollect where is Delhi Shop is but look up www.rsjonline.com I sure u will find his address The name of the guy His Sandeep He seemed like nice gentleman prices are pretty much fixed prices But incase of Bharat pls Bargin he always prices stuff 200 400 bucks over the Actual price I know this for a facy since I have lived in Delhi bought stuff from him .. Main Owners name is Amar ... Check out few other brands too Im Not too Sure if This one is availbale anywhere in Delhi but look for brand called Granda. They have some great Acoustics for marginally little more price than the Hobners .. One Thing Granda's will be life time Acoustic incase you get good one ... They are very widely available here in Mumbai I have seen it most of Shops here so look call very shop in Delhi for Prices...

8. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Thanks everyone..

Thanks guys.. I have bought my guitar pls see the thread:
    "Thanks, Now see the Hobner"
    :rockon: