Buy and Sell section on IGT

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Feb 20, 2006.

?

Buy Sell section on IGT

1. Yay

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. Nay

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We have been asked again and again as to why we don’t have a dedicated Buy and Sell section on IGT. With its humongous database of users, it could definitely become the largest source of online buying and selling of guitars and accessories in India.

As we have planned on focusing more on services, this something we might want to get into.

So we ask you, what you think….

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I'd say yeah, would definitely come in handy, since we're pretty much the biggest indian guitar tabs site, starting a dedicated buy and sell forum would culminate in a huge area in which to sell and/or buy stuff. So in short, yay.

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Adds to the convinience and i cant see many problems with it.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

Of course it goes without saying that the website and all people associated with it thereof are not resposible for any false sales or crap, this is just a message board.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

i voted "nay" ... but if you do go ahead i am sure you do realize that this new feature will be very demanding .. its easy to post a disclaimer sayin do everything on your own risk .. but mantaining such portal, being the middle man for transactions, security, cons and hustlers, dealing with comlpaints, stocked deliveries etc .. i tell you this could become a headache ..
    if i was u neo i would think twice ... ebay is a dedicated portal for such commerce .. yet their bills for aspirin run very high ..

but before you start bashing me .... i'll put up a safety net ... *thumbs up* all the best IGT ... be the best

6. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Sanctity of the FORUM will be lost !

NAAY !

nIK!:cool:

7. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Lord knows why this poll came up so suddenly?
    It aint nice to flick ideas, neo.... no it aint.

8. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

not at all! It will be the worse thing that can happen with IGT.

IGT is growing as family so please keep the money out of picture..pleaseeeeee!

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We have lawyers for solving the legal issues. We are more interested in practical side.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

^ you willing to spend on lawyers due to some n00b wannabe hustlers?

as for the practical side ... maybe .. go through the past posts in hardware forum .. see how many selling/buying, requests/offers have been made .. will give you an idea of what sort of activity we are looking at ..
    i mean .. having all that setup .. and then little activity .???

anyway ... i'll shutup now .. the decision is with the majority ..

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We always consult with lawyers when it comes to any legal issues. Yes, lets see how it goes.

12. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

^^Yeah! we shud hv it! (in fact ,I made a thread sometimes back on the same topic.) ..

13. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

i sumwhat agree to shahrukh.....jus to add a little

if u're plannin to make it jus a buy/sell site....i.e. buying and selling of guitars among the members of IGT then i dont think it would really prove to be cost effective.........coz as mentioned by shak.....there is hardly any activity related to buying selling........n even if the activity increases......you are only targetting Indians.......so i think members themselves can sort it out without IGT intervention......but if u're about to go global then thats a different issue

but if u r willin to make ur own online store in which u'll have both the features i.e. buy/sell among members and the IGT store itself in which u'll be selling guitars urself.......n i would strongly support this idea .....

but ofcourse you guys have done a gr8 job so far n so u would have some contingency plans about it!!! it was jus a suggestion which u actually asked for!

14. d_ist_urb_ed

^Um, you have a severe ADHD problem dood. He didnt say a seperate site for buying/selling, but rather a seperate section, meaning another forum.

15. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Guys its gr8 if v can have a buy/sell section within IGT.
    It will just make IGT a more complete website...

16. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

one more yes..

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was initially inclined to the nay...apart from the reasons shak put up, I am also skeptical because of the whole demand/supply thing.

But thinking about it, you have to start from somewhere....and having a 20,000 strong community is better than a start from scratch so you can go for it. Let's see where it goes from here.

While the project gets a yay from my side, I seriously doubt I'd go for it myself....but that's more a mental block on my side really.

18. ElysiaN

ElysiaN d@Rk\/\/@|\|deReR

this is certainly a gr8 idea.....i vote yay......

19. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

its very simple..........read everything before u comment..........the first paragraph i wrote talks about what u've tried point out ........but i cant yet figure out ur problem...........

@Neo .....as for the poll i selected 'Nay' ...... coz i think thats what u r going for what i've talked bout in the first paragraph of my my previous post