buy a great sounding, strudy electric and the required accessories

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by whoz_ur_daddy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

i have around 13k to spend. I want to buy a great sounding, good looking and a strudy (read long lasting) electric and the required accessories to play one. I seek your suggesstions before i buy one. will i only get chinese elecs for this price? :think: name the brands and their price, and ditto for the amps

2. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

dude, find a store...try every single one out. Find your baby and BUY it. I stopped taking people's advice when it comes to buying guitars because i did that and ended up with the CRAPPIEST POS ibanez rg possible. Now, i went and tried out a couple (actually more than 70-80 guitars now) and found the PERFECT gear for me.

Its all about if the guitar is comfortable to play, and if its tonally pleasing to you. One man's guitar will be the other man's oar.

3. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

check out Fender mexican strats and teles, great guitars

4. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

thank you both
    my question abt the accessories. plz answer that too

5. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

mr scary. dude u really scare me when u say that the ibanez u bought was crappy. i was plannin to buy one i heard that they were generally great guitars

6. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

forget what i said, my rg exceptionally sucks!!! try to find your self an ibanez 370DX or any of the newer rgs. I said all that because i hate my rg, i have played other rgs that blow my guitar out of the water.

dont be scared to try out an ibanez, it suited its purpose for me as a starter's guitar, definitley look into buying the newer RGs. If this is your first guitar i reccoemdn the 370DX because its ideal for begginers. when you get better at guitar, then you can demand more.

7. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

how much does it cost, and what amps do u recomend must i go for a pedal now

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

13k is too little - u couldnt get anything good in it - especially if ur looking for long lasting.... tell me what effects ur looking for - if u need only distortion then it might be possible to get u gear in that much - else its going to be hrd..... for decent cheap amps - try samick, stranger or custom sound - quality is pok - but thats all ull get in low price... for cheap effects... just get a distortion pedal.... processors are mostly expensive though u could get one in 4k.... guitar - in ur price range - look at javas, johnsons, kramers and maybe a cheap ibanez such as the GSA series one.... dude try and expand ur budget to like 15-16 - u might be able to get a lot better stuff at marginally higher prices...

9. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

where in bombay do you get kramers and where do they make these kramers

10. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

U will Get Kramers at Furtados these are Kramers which are made in Korea 7 china the lower end Focus 211's are made in China u will get Focus 211 with a floyd rose for 11 K .
    Kramer as a brand was bought over by Gibson recently but now Gibson has outsourced all Kramer related products to Musicyo.com. Well Honsetly 18 K upwards u will get decent Kramers In Bombay.
    Otherwise try Tansen in Ur Budget or Samicks . The Ibanez GSA's are bad . Incase u want a fender tone pls buy a Squire Affinty Stratocaster fits in ur Budget or try the Squire Showmaster ... without the floyd rose . I think there is one last Epiphone Les Paul too left in Furtados for 21 K..

Ninad

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I second the motion. I own a 370DX and it's amazing. I also agree with what most people here said. Try out every guitar in the store shamelessly before you buy one. Hey that's what I did. I was a complete pain in the ass. I tried 30 or so guitars (including a couple of $3000 Jacksons to see what the difference was) before I asked them to order my 370DX into the store and I bought it 2 weeks later. Don't be afraid to try out all the guitars you want (that's why you should not tell the salesperson what your budget is...so you'll get a chance to try out more expensive guitars). You have that right as a customer but be discreet and polite about it and make inquiries if necessary.

Also it is important to spend money on a good amp and not get some cheap ass amp. The amplifier plays a big part in how good your guitar will sound. I could have bought a Jackson Kelly for a $100 more but then I would have to settle for a crappy 25W amp. I played both guitars through both amps and although the Kelly sounded better through my 25W amp (better pickups), they both sounded like **** through the 10W amp. So I decided to get the 370 and the better amp and it sounds pretty kickass.

12. nab_guitarist

nab_guitarist New Member

Check out jacksons , they are must in india that is the best u can buy in that price. i hope so .
    Coz in pakistan its about 18,000..
    but only guitar. try this one thisis very good guitar.

13. Shredder

Shredder New Member

r u from mumbai.... check out SB Musicals at malad Evershine Nagar... his number is 9820884523.. he has got a johnson les paul copy for 15000.. check it out...you might like it...and my advice to you would be dont buy Fender Squire at any cost ... you will only regret your decision later.... you could also maybe check out yamaha guitars... you get yamaha pacifica for about 13 K ... ronnie has a GB&a which is available in Bhargavas Bandra... they have a strat copy for about 8k or something... if you are looking for a decent guitar and dont expect much from it then GB&a is a good bet...

Fender Mexican strats and teles are about 25K or so...

14. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

hey guys ~ i'm into this prblm too.
    y isnt everybody so confident on Ibz low end ? eg GRG270 and SA120...seem good to me (hav been on accoustic for 2-3 years).
    wht say ?

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you think and feel it is OK for you, then go ahead.

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

ibanez low ends suck donkey balls...actually i hate ibanezs in general but thats just me :)

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

No low end is really "good". But if you think the guitar is good then go ahead. It's your comfort that matters really. Unless the guitar is known for it's dodginess.