Buckethead

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Probably one of the weirdest shredders out there. You guys think he puts too much effort into his weirdness/image than his playing? He may be weird as **** but **** can he play! Some of those cops are ****ing impossible. Yeah I guess it takes a hell lot of time to get into his music but later on it just grows on you. I really like his mellow/jazzy stuff like the stuff he did on his acoustic album (Colma) and Population Overdrive.

DISCUSS!

2. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

All i know is he played for the GOD AXL ... till the GOD Kicked him out ... I have the VMA video with me...

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Axl???? god???
    :RollLol:

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

axl who wanted gnr into techno kinda music a god?!!thats way wierder from milkyway.

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

heard he was raised by chickens in a hencoop and has robotic movements?

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^...haha, yeah this is exactly what i heard...even his website says s.hit like that, nothig about his music / bands/discography etc.(if i remember correctly).

shaun, care to shed some light.........

7. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

Weird or not, his work on Vai's albums is simply phenomenal.

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

HELL with u guys if u dont care about him ....... I have read his biography and thts why i call him GOD ........ Forget the crap he does 2day ....... He has been great and thts what i respect him for......
    Goto hell if u dont care about him.....

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

HEhe.... perfect example of how crappy one feels when others laugh on one's opinion. :p:
    So,.. i join in,... ha ha ha

10. Mr. Scary

No way in hell you can describe this man....i mean thing's music! It ranges from beserk shred, to weird ass techno to cheesy hip hop. Each album of his has a little of each...but the songs that mainly revolve around his guitar playing are mind blowing. yes 90% of people do NOT get into his music upon the first listen. He released an "Internet only track" called Nottingham Lace and won a spot on many top 100 greatest guitar solo lists including one magazine...(forgot name). Try checking it out, Nottingham Lace is a song with no weird ass sampling, no turntables...no Bootsy Collins, just beautiful guitar playing. The solo is nice and long, though its repetitive, you'll keep rewinding it.

People who want a great album to wake up to or simply to relax check out Colma, beautiful acousitc stuff.

11. Mr. Scary

a bump to this thread! Is there really no one here that appreciate's this man/thing's music?

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I kind of do... :beer:

13. Mr. Scary

Wicked! I really like his melodic material

14. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

It's wierd but Electric Tears is just sooo good i dont know why

15. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Theres this brilliant album called Octave of the Holy Innocents where he plays acoustic guitar along with Jonas Hellborg on acoustic bass...completely different from his normal stuff...fans of is music should definitely check him out

16. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey guys...never heard buckethead before..suggest me some decent songs of his....

17. Mr. Scary

Nottingham Lace
    Mrs. Beasley
    Scraps
    For Mom
    Machete

18. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

For someone not used to him, the entire Colma album should be nice

19. Mr. Scary

^ I agree, I'd like to add Population Overdrive too.

20. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

he has a huge drug problem