buckethead mystery

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Jun 20, 2006.

1. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

hey guys i havebeen searching a lot about personal information regardin BUCKETHEAD but i only managed to get a b/w unmasked face in some magazine when he was young and that his name is brian caroll.this guy is really a mystery for me so can u guys help me in getting more info bout this awesome guitarist

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

well as long as he does not take of that stupid mask of his .... we are all going to know very litle abt him besides his AWESOME PLAYING and that his name is Brian... I know whic Black and white photo you are talking abt... I had seen that photo sometime back.... He has a Karmmer in that phot right? ...
    Ozzy once asked him to play for his band....but on the condition that he would get rid of the Mask... buckethead refused.... He told Ozzy saying " My name is Brian ". But when Ozzy called Brian he said only my MOM calls me Brian... Ozzy gave up as Buckethead refused to give up the mask and his stage dances.
    But He is good man..... honestly I would love to see what he looks like....

3. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

yea i spend almost a year to get as much info on him as possible but im still right there where i started..dont we get buckethead albums in india?yea its the same photo..wat is he actually a psycho or wat?....but he plays effortlessly i must admit when u watch his vids ud c how less movemnts he makes compared to others...he is offcourse a good man...but wat bout the robots he does onsatge?

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Buckethead is Paul Gilbert....duh!!

5. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

paul gilbert?ehhhhhhhhh

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I think half the stuff regarding him given on his website is just for publiclty,,,,.... Even the Mask I belive is for publicity.... KISS did the same thing for YEARS... people were wondring who they were.. until they shed of thier crazy masks/painted faces.... But he is good.. and honstly I think he can do much better without that dumb stupid mask.

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

????????????? just what are you trying to say?

8. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

umm yes certainly almost all the things written bout him in his website is not true apart from his influences....bout how he was brought up etc but...he is kool i mean on guitar but his stage dances jus make people laugh...nothing more than that...even wat was his reason for joining gnr and leaving gnr is not clear to me...anyways i really enjoy his music...

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^^
    I share exactly the same thoughts as you

10. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Dennis was trying to be sarcastic.

I respect bucketheads ambiguity a lot because he can just take out his mask, go for a walk and there wont be any fans bothering him and annoying him to death.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

hmm you got a point there .... No fans stalking him.....

12. shsnawada

Yeah, imagine that youre just listening to "youre so awesome, youre my inspiration, population override is so awesome" for 16 hours in a day. Wearing a mask is better than that stuff IMO.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Actually, I wasnt, its a very popular rumour that Gilbert is Buckethead. IM, similar technique and similar wacky sense of humour.

14. shsnawada

Maybe.... But i think buckethead has different hair than paul. I think its black curly, and from the googling i've done Gilbert doesnt have that hair.

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

A wig is all he needs...perhaps difficult, but knowing Paul Gilbert, its possible.

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

+1
    Its a 50% chance that is paul Gilbert. After looking at his ( BUCKETHEAD ) guitar Instructional and the "weirdness" factor in it , I have a big hunch that its him. Another thing , Paul Gilbert's picking technique has a striking similarity to that of buckethead , and his left hand to to is long and slender like him.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whatever it is.

Paul Gilbert has high conventional melodic sense.
    Buckethead's melodic sense is .... ummm ... WEIRD.

I really coulnot fathom his music, and deleted the three albums that I painstakingly dloaded.

18. shsnawada

DT fan syndrome :grin:

19. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Woudnt it be obvious that Paul Gilbert would try and pull off another style .

Yeah i admit that his Music is kinda Weird , cant really decribe it . Kinda Physcadelic types . :think: :think:

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Bucket head is Alpha1 in Disguise..I saw him stealing buckets from KFC and he claims it's for one of his secrets projects... Plus he loves the movie "Mask"....Doesn't that explain it all...