Brutal killing of Surya Narain.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by walk_alone, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Well its very sad that Indian government could do little to prevent murder of Surya Narain,its also reported that he was killed trying to escape and later beheaded(trademark of Taliban)...it only leaves us to ponder how safe is this world for us.
    May his soul rest in peace and may his family rise above the grief.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, the world has never been particularly safe ever. I'm still not very well-informed about the issue so I'll reserve my opinions for now but at first glance I'm not very convinced with the story behind the final act.

3. walk_alone

Neither am I.....Indian companies were given period of 24 hrs to leave Afghanistan(that cd have never happened anyway)...therefore tragedy was inevitable.

i was surprised when they let off two indians last times...i gues he wasnt that lucky.poor soul.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, someone rightly said: India is a land of opportunity.

Uh Walk_alone, you need to wake-up and be more aware of your surroundings.
    This killing, I regret to say, chills not even 1 cc of blood in my veins.

Who do you think is actually in wrong?
    You know you are in a jungle-nation full of animal like ppl, you know life is under constant threat.
    You know that the hardcore xenophobes live, you are a foreigner, do you expect them to serve you like a slave?
    You know that the militants have had a likcing from US troops, they are frustrated but dead focussed in their efforts.

Still you go there to work.

Actually am more aghast at imbecile attitude by Indian Govt, which said that such an incident will not affect Indians working there.
    Indians shall continue the work etc.

What do you think a European nation or US would have done?
    Infact they have it done once: They immediately recall all their ppl living in India (and other volatile countries), whenever situation worsens.
    They dont allow them to travel to such countries.

And what are our administrators doing?

6. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

this is an accident incident varna vo talibaan aise hi kuun marainge ...ther ultimate objective is international ho halla vo mila nahi.....

7. ashwini itbhu

ashwini itbhu New Member

its sad

it can happen to any body.....we can just watch it all till our heads go off

we are weakest ,,f**king coward .....thats the way it is

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

the issue is not so simple .. the presence of indian officials and working ppl is important in afghanistan frm strategic point of view. its important that we create our presence there so as to stabilize the region and neutralize pakistan's intentions ..
    unfortunately this is the price we have to pay .. terrorist *******s
    the situaution wont improve .. and anyway its upto the indians working there .. if they want, they can return anytime

9. aysh

what could have been done in you opinion

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, so you pay the price for it.

And dont crib like Walk_Alone.

11. aysh

whats ur problem ..

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My problem is that ppl ask for it first and then crib later.

BTW when I said:
    I didnt mean you.

The "you" I advert to means the country, the public in general.

13. walk_alone

Well Alpha, i dont know where u r from...lemme tell you iam very much aware of my sorroundings.Iam from Kashmir and i have seen way to much of blood shed than wat you have in your whole body.
    As far as Indian Govt is concerned.....they knew it moment he was kidnapped and then also it took them 48 hrs to fly the officials to Afghanistan.

I belong to a media family so i know hat iam talking about.
    Anyway your ponit taken as an openion.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Umm, you are from Kashmir, why did you leave and come to New Delhi?

15. walk_alone

I came here coz my parents came here and they came here coz they got psoted here....but for watever time i stayed there it was horrible(after 1989).....

16. kaiser

kaiser Bored

its the way they killed the poor guy that sent a chill down peoples spine. had he been shot or stabbed it wouldnt have been a big deal. n working in afghanistan is risky anyway, how can the govt 'protect' indians in a place like that? 24/7 security?

and as far as the govt is concerned: they're pacifists.....its okay to be upto a certain extent, but they're a bit too much. if u go back to history, u'll see how the english took over india. they initially didnt intend to but they realised the indians dont have the balls to protest even if they did. they came just to trade n they called themsleves the east india 'company'.

it took ages before indians revolted and it took around 90 yrs too get rid of them cuz the activists and extremists didnt get any political backing then.
    india will always be pacifistic. what do u expect the land of mahatma gandhi to be? its sad, IMO. and sometimes....i think its right to go to war (read: countries like US are not entirely wrong when they beat the shit out a country and its high time that india showed some attitude.)

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1
    But in this case, there is no justification of war on Afghanistan.

Suppose someone launches a war on India because of Naxalites or Bodos?

Anyway Indian authorities should have taken Afghan authorities to task (as an act of aggression) for still letting Taliban have a gleeful time there.

18. kaiser

kaiser Bored

my mistake. i shudnt have anything that could mean: india should go to war with afghanistan for surya was killed by the taliban.

i meant the govt cuz be more aggressive and even arrogantly bold instead of letting things just 'cool down', as it is in the case of the doda killings, the gujarat riots and the surya case of course.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I know man.
    I just exemplified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.