Broken Verse by Doon Attorney (Original)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Anant_5am, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

Well.. Hello..This is the original composition by my band!
    As the name suggests - it's broken.
    This is a one time recording of the song I composed yesterday. There have been no retakes and I've done the whole thing in one go (i.e., one recording each for Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Solo!)
    So don't expect anything great. The guitar is OK - I'll agree to that! I didn't write any lyrics. Just mumbled whatever came to my mind while recording (and then I had a pretty hard time figuring out what I've said!) Don't worry if it doesn't make sense (It's not supposed to..)
    Any comments are welcome...No... Please comment...
    The solo got a bit sloppy once but hey, I never meant to re-record it!
    This song is dedicated to my old roomie..My Ross...DP...
    Enjoy...

Here's the link just in case you want to download the thing on your PC.

https://www.mediafire.com/?px3bsguyzp1

Broken Verse by Doon Attorney

I'm a dreamer....
    Nightmares I dream on and on....

I'm a voyager...
    My home's nowhere to be found....

I'm a rebel...
    Ultimate freedom's all I want....

I wanna live here
    Just never to be found...

I saw you coming...
    Stay put and let me drown...

(I guess that's all)

Credits:
    All Music & Lyrics: Doon Attorney..
    (I'm a one member band so plz overlook the faults)
    Thanks!!!

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Its not a bad effort, you did a pretty good job!
    Just try to finish it, i mean to add some more tracks, drums, bass etc!
    Take care and keep posting man!

3. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

Thanks dude!!
    Actually it was a home recording and i'm too lazy to add drums and all...I recorded the bass but the sound adjustment is not proper so u have to really concentrate to get the bass line...(Or borrow a Fox's ears!!.. Maaf PJ)...
    Thanks again...Ive got tons of originals and covers..I'll post soon/...

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

What i wanted to say is this, try to complete this song, i mean just seriously and try to make a complete song with everything, all the tracks needed. Just some serious recorded tracks and than you will be proud about yourself and the results.
    I made 2 original songs too along with 2 other IGT-ians here, i think it sounds pretty good too:
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=645920

5. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

6. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Well dude i dont think you have updated urself on this! As sukurt too pointed out this song doesnt exist anymore ??
    Will love to listen.

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

well, i dont know the point of you putting up those lyrics since they dont exist in the actual song.....

well, crits are always hard to swallow for an original.....

but, it wasnt a catchy tune.....maybe it will become one as you add more instruments as keoraf said......

cheers!
    :beer:

your on the right track......just make sure you get the best car to travel ;)

8. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

You didn't get the lyrics.. I mean seriously you didn't hear the lyrics in the "not-so-catchy" song???
    Dude you have some serious hearing issues..No offense but everyone else READ and HEARD the lyrics I included!!!
    Go get your ears tested...

Cheers!!!

9. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

Hey sorry man parry!! I just didn't know those guys deleted old files...anyways here's the new link of my 'serious' recording...chek it out

Hey folks...I'm really sorry for the trouble i caused you guys!!!
    It seems the cooltoad guys erased the song from their database...
    Anyways here's the new link...

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tm7nu7ev8po

Once again sorry Kerof, Sukrut, Parry and others for the inconvenience

10. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Good effort

Listened ur candy song. Well good effort .It wud have been awesome if the proper recording and hardware was taken care of. Although i m not into english songs but i did like it especially the constant drum beats.
    is it somewhat like a beatle song :)
    Keep up the work.

11. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

Well.. Thanks Parry...
    Actually I ws just a college student back when i recorded that.. So obviously you don't expect me to spend on studio recording (Nor that i had the money ,either!!)
    As far as I know, that is a pretty decent recording considering it was done in a hostel room!!! I hope you could appreciate that fact instead of that proper hardware was not taken care of (we had just one mic and that too a headphone one!!)
    Anyways thanks!!!!

12. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

sorry for my prevoius post mate.......i heard someone else's song there ::p:

well, about this song then....again the tune was not so catchy.....but i still like it nonetheless.....you have a very good voice.......

and while you were singing you played a few notes.....well, some of them were off key..... either that or your guitar wasnt tuned properly!

cheers dude!

13. Anant_5am

Anant_5am New Member

well if you are talking about Broken Verse.. Then i agree i was a little off-key towards the end..if you're saying that about candy..well..uh...
    i'm happy with no comments from my side!!! :)