Broken Tuning Pegs in Pluto Acoustic

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by TormentedWail, Aug 12, 2012.

1. TormentedWail

TormentedWail New Member

Hey,
    When I was re stringing my pluto acoustic, while turning the peg, something snapped. When I opened the tuning peg I noticed that the gears were worn off rendering the peg useless.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to buy a gear only for the tuning peg, if yes from where.? Thanks for your help guys!

2. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

replace it with a new tuner key, if possible, all of them...

You will find spares in most guitar stores or any guitar workshop in your city...

If I may ask, where do you live?

3. TormentedWail

TormentedWail New Member

Thanks man! No I don't want to replace the pegs. I guess just replacing the broken gear would be good enough? I have just finished restringing my guitar with a new set of DAddario strings and dont want to go through the trouble of replacing all the pegs.

I live in Pune, do any guitar shops here stock spare tuning peg gears?

Appreciate your help!

4. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

You can get tuner key setups in virtually any guitar store around you that does repair works... As for replacing just the broken gear setup, you have to look for a luthier... An inexperienced one can damage you guitar further instead of fixing it, if he puts in the parts of wrong measurement or specifications, whereas anyone, even you, fix a key system with easy... Just takes to unscrew the broken one and screw back the old one...