broke the first, need help buying a second.....guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by GoodWillWins, Jul 29, 2006.

1. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

I Had bought a acoustic Givson's (i dont know the exact model) about last year from bhargava's,metro ,mumbai
    well now its broken ,so i'll be buying a new one.
    to be honest its only after becoming an igitians have i learned quite some guitar(since i didnt go for any lessons).
    So i need help form you'll in buying a myself a new acoustic guitar.(don't know much about buying).

i've heard tha yamaha F310 is good but the problem is that its difficult to reach the end frets(i guessing,since there is no cut).I'm from mumbai
    and my budget is aroud Rs 6k .If you can recommend me a really nice acoustic guitar.Its should look ok but sound really awesome.
    also should i go for a jumbo acoustic guitar or an f-cut (i've seen a jumbo acoustic guitar with a thin body, is that good).
    i've also heard that indian-make guitars are better suited for indian weather than imported ones,is this true.

Secondly, is it better to buy a guitar with a built-in pick-up or just clip a mike to the sound-hole.

And what to check while buying an acoustic guitar.(i've heard a lot of stuff to check for in an elctric, but none for an acoustic)

Please do reply
    Thanks

i've searched the net for some guitar shops in mumbai, if you know any of these or any other where i will get a guitar for a good deal please let me know

Sellers of guitar, keyboard and combo amplifiers.
    Address: Jai Niwas, Hem Colony, SV Road, Vile Parle, Mumbai - 400 056

Sri Kumar World Enterprises
    Sellers of indian musicals instruments.
    Address: 2 B 501, Neighbourhood, Lokhandwala Complex, Akurli Road, Kandivali (East), Mumbai - 400 101, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-28863239 Fax: +(91)-(22)-56939743

Galaxy Musical Company
    Sellers of various types of musical instruments.
    Address: 36, Ismail Curtay Road, Ghati Galli, Ground Floor, Shop No. 13, Bhendi Bazar, Mumbai - 400 003, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-23463286 Fax: +(91)-(22)-23468423
    Trimurti Musicals

Manufacturers and exporters of all kinds of Indian musical instruments like string instruments, percussion instruments and harmoniums.
    Address: D/704, Moreshwar Dham, Liberty Garden Road No. 3, Malad (W), Mumbai - 400 064, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-38890895

Kustom Sound
    Sellers of guitar, keyboard and combo amplifiers.
    Address: Jai Niwas, Hem Colony, S. V. Road, Vile Parle, Mumbai - 400 056, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-26714429

Pacific Asia International
    Exporter of musical instruments like acoustic & electric guitars, violins, saxophone, trumpet and bugle.
    Address: 71, Kaveri, K. K. K. G. Marg, Mumbai - 400 049, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-26606291

Chaitsingh Gurbaxsingh And Brothers
    Manfuacturers and exporters of all types of musical instruments and their accessories.
    Address: 292, S. V. P. Road, Near Alankar Cinema, Mumbai - 400 004, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-23823423/23883443 Fax: +(91)-(22)-23802423

Safe Enterprises
    Manufacturers and exporters of all kinds of music instruments.
    Address: 85-B, Mohammed Ali Road, Opposite Mercantile Co-operation Bank Limited, Mumbai - 400 001, India
    Phone: +(91)-(22)-23429280/23001090

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

check out any cutaway> yamaha/washburn/gb&a/granada...u can even check givson venus spl. ...6k is lil less for yamaha guitars i guess! and IMO built-in pickup would be better. but for ur budget if u have to forego that then u shudnt mind an external mic

3. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

4. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Go to shalu music at VT. They have J&D acoustics. Nice medium-jumbos with the same pickup that was used in the early epiphone acoustics. Downside is that when playing unplugged they're not so loud. Not as loud as a low end yamaha but they definitely play better. I think Furtado's at metro has some guitars in the 5-6k range as well. If i remember correctly, they were Samicks.

5. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

alright i 'll check shalu music at vt,
    do you have the address, or can u tell me where about, then it might be asys to search.

6. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

Thanks vini and axeman, but there one more problem.

since this is my second guitar i don't really know whether to go for an acoustic or an electric,
    in electric my price range would be not more than 13k
    and in acoustic around 6k.

in electric i have an Ibanez GRX-20 Electric Guitar at 9k
    with a marshall MG10CD Guitar Amplifier 3.3k in mind.

OR

in acoustic i think pluto jumbo,with equalizer and pick-up( as you said vini ) with lcd digital tuner at 5k wud do good.

so please help me choose(also if you have any other guitars in mind let me know ).

and @axeman i'll try J&D at vt

7. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

BTW how did u break ur first guitar?? On a gig I guess? Trying to show off with a BANG on the floor... Lolz.

8. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

^^^that was the first ques i had in my mind after reading the subject lol

9. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^ on mine too..... LOL LOL LOL

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^Same here ... LMAO :RollLol:
    OH!! Remember wot Malmstein :)mad:) did with his guitar in Denver G3?? :Worried:
    He cud have given it to me :cry2:

11. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

havent ever seen a g3 :oops: :cry1:
    nd i call myself a guitarist?

12. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

Unfortunately its not so. I had kept it leaning against the wall and it fell and the neck broke.
    Next time i HANG my guitar that way atleast it wont BREAK.

P.s : now it sounds so crappy,that when i get a new one i might just bang it
    Bang

13. Murt112

Murt112 New Member

you should go in for one of those starter kits. i recently purchased a squier (squier is lower end guitars manufactured by fender) starter kit for rs 10k it came with a squier strat a 10 wat fender amp 10 picks straps strings and tution material really worth it. And this is the a very good guitar if you are a beginner

14. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

bt u need a processor mate