broadband

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vish_rocks, Dec 7, 2005.

1. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

hi all ,
    this is completely out of tune with the regular threads but since i had a problem i couldnt resist.

how many of you use broadband??

well i do . i got an account for 250 bucks .yup the famous "250 for a month" and guess what i got in the bill . ok, just add another zero to the picture now its complete. my dad almost killed me with words. ( he thinks all that went for P***. actually...............ok.lets leave that just there )

so i decided to change the plan better make it 500 bucks so that i get 1 gb atleast.
    now hear this . i went to the bsnl office in my city and asked for a change of plan this what i get .seven people sitting behind a counter none of them knew anything.all they kept repeating was write an application. when i asked what to write in that and to whom. guess what " pata nahi main building me bade saab se pucho." there is no main building and there was no bade saab either

i tried calling 1957 some body gave me the same lame reply" hum ko nahi pata bsnl ke office pe ja kar pucho "

i even checked out the site they gave me when i called them [ https://10.240.43.216 ] try it it does give the account status but its a mess there. so many things written there which have no explaination. even the god damn 'help' in the top right corner opens a window which has every thing in f****** chinese or japaneses or whatever.

if any one can help me plz other wise no access to igt from home any more :cry2:

tough luck i guess.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

do you have a directorate for consumer affairs in india?? report to them ..
    department of fair trade?? report to them
    or just try to get the contact of the badde saab ..
    hate to say this .. but i guess you just got ripped off really bad .. quit the service and find yourself a new ISP .. (if you didnt made a mistake of signing a contract)
    all the best of luck

3. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

ever heard the word SARKAR here in india it means means an some thing like a big huge giant sleepy (265 out of 365 days) ......i am running out of words for it and yes it is a three months contract. besides BSNL is a government service so i dont stand a chance in any lawsuit of any kind ,i can't complaint either. who would i go to ??
    but dude do check that link i gave and do see the help menu even google refused to translate that

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

BSNL sux....like the other govt deptts........... I got Hathway and trust me not even a single trouble/complaint I had in the last 8months......... :cool:

5. shak

shak Harrr!

u sure the link is correct? cause it doesnt open here .. i get an error after 3 minutes .. (thats long considering i am on 512kbps broad)

6. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

sorry ,there seems to be problem . go here----- https://www.dataone.in/ and try the link which says 'Dataone account administration' the one followed by text in the red brakets.
    by the way the link i posted doesnt work with mozilla didntt try any other but here with i-explorer it works just fine.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

right here is what i can come up with from bsnl website ...
    you can give them feedback at
    https://bsnl.co.in/feedback.htm

all sort of big boss tele numbers

https://bsnl.co.in/directory_officer.htm

and finally

Joint DDG (IT-II)/
    Joint DDG ( IT-III )

Fax : +91-11-23765296

Corporate Office

Statesman House, B-148
    Barakhamba Road
    New Delhi-110 001

now you can start cursing them all you want ..

i suggest

Public Grievance

SUDHIR KUMAR
    23738883 23738780 ddgpg@bsnl.in

deputy director bsnl
    for
    Broadband

LAV GUPTA 23734057 23734284

lavgupta@bsnl.in

8. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

lol

u make me laugh. now where do you live exactly??

well, i'd better not be judgemental. i doubt whether any of that would work . but since you took efforts i 'll do this the first thing tomorrow morning. i ll call up one of those numbers and complain. thanks anyway. but SARKAR ...........well nothing can be done about it!

9. shak

shak Harrr!

did i? great .. it always feels good to make someone smile ..
    i am omar .. from westmidlands uk .. dunno how things work out there in india .. but judging from your comment .. i guess all these contacts arent good enuff .. oh well .. want the number for chief managing director of bsnl?? :)

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

no idea bout BSNL, i had hathway at my home..

it sucks as well, but now my PC is broke....dad's PC is never free and I removed broadband connection...

will be getting a new PC + MTNL triband (400 buks a mnth for 1 GB + night 10 to morning 6 unlimited for free)....it'll be 512 connection...and well no hidden costs...thats what guys who have been using the same scheme say.
    even those using BSNL are pretty saticfied with wht they have...no lafda

the scene with Govt. Operators in mumbai is pretty cool....its only the private guys who are to be blamed

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i pay 1000 bucks for cable tv as well as internet.

128 kbps round the clock.

morning 7 to night 11 - monthly download limit = 1 gb
    night 11 to morning 7 - monthly download limit = unlimited.

12. ats

ats Oldie

me using airtel broadband ... 599 with 1 GB and 256 unlimited all day all night :D ..... I've heard similar complaints about BSNL... thats why I never took it. On the other hand airtel is a bit costly .. but no headaches either (atleast I haven't had to face any) ..... maintenance is quick and upgrading to other plans just takes a phone call. Besides the connection was given to me in 2 days

Ats

13. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

i have unlimited access and just for 175 rs per month..............

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:shock:

who is ur ISP?

15. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

global network solutions.....gns

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have a Hathway 256 Kbps unlimited ...costly at 995/- + service tax = 1100/-
    But thats as cheap as it gets in Bangalore..
    No probs till now..no downtime..consistent speed..
    I have dls running 24x7..still manage only 12-15GB a month coz not everything downloads fast:(

17. vish_rocks

vish_rocks New Member

i live in one of the most beautiful city in india but guess what like every thing thats beautiful it has no brains.

shahrukh none those numbres u gave me work. i mean all are "no reply" . i am planning to go to consumer court. ha ha ha .