Bringing Guitar from US

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkkyrich, Oct 31, 2009.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

hey thanks for the valuable info..

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

and my friend said that there're certain restrictions regarding the dimensions of the package u can hand carry.. is it so? if yes then can he carry the guitar with him..?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

please respond

5. nandac

nandac New Member

dont bother about size restriction etc. unless the guitar is really huge like a gibson firebird. my wife even brought a 335 kind of guitar from boston. no problem to take it into the flight.

6. nandac

nandac New Member

btw certain airlines of late seem to have "toughened" up their rules. for example lufthansa. due to this i avoided travelling by lufthansa - but i do not know how strict they will be about observing their rules at the time of departure. british airways btw is very accomodative. fyi ...

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i called up British Airways .. they said u can hand carry a guitar .. but it cant be in a hard case..

8. nandac

nandac New Member

i brought two guitars only 4 months back on BA. they will say 100 things on the phone which is not necessarily true practically. and BA in the usa might say something different that BA india. try calling ba usa - it is only rs 5 a minute.

anyway what is the deal with a hardcase over a softcase? maybe they are thinking something else when you say hardcase. but don't worry. BA is amongst the most accomodating.

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

dude one important query... i wanna order my guitar online thru musicians friend ... but i'm not able to use my credit card.. they're asking for credit card bill address which shud be of US or Canada only... Do i need to use only US credit card??? as my credit card is billed in India.

i'm really pissed off...

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

guys plz help

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Transfer the funds to your friend and let him buy it with his credit card?

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya true .. but that bugger doesn't have a credit card..
    i'll ask him to go to the shop and buy one for me.. that'll be a better option i guess...probably from guitar center or samash...any idea which one's better?

13. nandac

nandac New Member

guitarcenter and sam ash are both big retailers. see wherever you can get a better deal.

14. robaruntrujilo

robaruntrujilo New Member

hey i need a korg pandora px4d . any one up for sale?